Notifications
Clear all

Sebum That Never Stops Leaking Out Of Face

MemberMember
(@mesh138)

Posted : 05/17/2015 11:59 am

Hi. I have been suffering from very bad skin issues for 20+ years. What frustrates me is that after 20 years, I still do not have a clear diagnosis. I do not know that I have acne because it doesn't resemble the pictures I see of what most people with acne have. What happens is out of nowhere a small area of my skin will become inflamed for no reason. It can be a small red spot or a large red spot. Over 24 hours, it will rise up. Burst open. Then yellow/orangish sebum leaks out. There is nothing I can do to stop the sebum leakage. It is like a spout opens and it will just leak eternally. The onyl thing that stops it is letting the sebum build up into a crusty mountain. Then the next day, I am sometimes able to shrink this mountain with hot water in a shower. By the third or fourth day, I am sometimes able to remove the mountain and it can take up to 10 days before the wound completely heals, the skin smooths over and it looks like it never happened. This happens to me several times a month.

I do not get lots of little pimples. I will just get a big, furious one once every few days. Dietary changes have not stopped it. I wash my face twice a day with Cerave and use Cerave moisturizer. Nothing helps. Don't know what more I can do other than suffer.

So, that's a little of my back story. My question in this post is how sebum output is for you. Do you also experience where sometimes you feel almost like a heart beat in the inflammation and the sebum just keeps weeping and weeping to no end?

I think all of us who suffer through these types of issues are a frail breed, so humbly I thank you for any input you can give.

MemberMember
(@jmtm18017)

Posted : 05/17/2015 5:27 pm

Seborrheic dermatitis? Just a wild guess.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 05/18/2015 6:03 pm

Have you tried antibiotics? From what you're describing it kinda sounds like you have an infection. I thought sebum was just the oil that makes the face look greasy, not a orange ooze that comes out of a pimple?

MemberMember
(@mesh138)

Posted : 05/18/2015 9:16 pm

I wish it was just an infection. I've tried at least 20 different antibiotics. I am almost 40 and this has been going on since I was 17 years old.