Notifications
Clear all

What Happens After Stopping Minocycline

MemberMember
(@morfix)

Posted : 05/16/2015 6:05 pm

I have ran out of Minocycline pills and my dad says the pharmacy has not restocked them yet (lol) and i cannot get more pills until the pharmacy has been restocked. I have been off of it for 3 days so far and I would not be surprised if im off of it for more than 1 week. So how long before I start breaking out like crazy ? I have just been noticing some improvement too and I do not want it to go downhill :(

EDIT : ive been using minocycline for almost the past two months, and my skin has no improved whatsoever, it actually got alot worse than ive ever had. So what I am thinking is that since it didnt do anything in terms of healing, it is not gonna harm me anymore once I am off of it correct ? Please let me know your thoughts.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/17/2015 3:06 am

I was on minocycline for about 3 months and it totally helped my skin....however, after stopping it slowly came back after 10 months. It wasn't pretty when it did and when I started the antibiotic again, it didn't work anymore the second time around. That is what sucks about antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@gabo20)

Posted : 05/17/2015 7:37 am

I was taking solodyn minocycline 65mg.I had been taking them for a month until las week i went to this acne center, where they specialize in treating acne only. The lady told me that she does not recommend to take antibiotics because even if they help you to get rid of acne it eventually will comeback as it will only kill the bacteria but not the root. That it was up to me to stop taking them or not, so i decided i would. She gave me supplements like zinc and omega 3 fish oil. It's been only 5 days since i stopped taking the mynocycline and so far i have not breakout like crazy, 2 days after i got two small pimples but i guess they were already there waiting to come up before i decided to not take the antibiotics. so I don't know if it will cause me breakouts later but so far nothing crazy.

MemberMember
(@morfix)

Posted : 05/19/2015 8:29 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@chronbot)

Posted : 07/09/2015 11:41 pm

I've been taking taking mino for about 8 months. I tried stopping but my face broke out worse than it even has. I hope I can stop taking it. I haven't heard of anyone successfully stopping mino.

MemberMember
(@giraffe15)

Posted : 07/15/2015 12:56 am

I've been taking mine for about 6 months now and just starting to come off of it. Super nervous, but I'm going to see what happens (Check out my blog for updates if you want). Even if I do breakout, I'm never taking antibiotics for acne again, I'm going to try to find another away because if not it will just be an endless cycle.