Notifications
Clear all

How To Stop Super Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@elefc)

Posted : 05/16/2015 3:36 pm

hi!

I was wondering how to fix super oily skin?

few hours after my morning acne care routing My face looks like it has been dipped into oil pot!!!

Very extremely oily...

What to do?

U use mild wash, 2.5 benzol preoxide( not all days) and moisturizer.

I mean it really is horrible ...

Thank you all Who would share their thoughts :-))

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 05/18/2015 6:24 pm

Yeah I had the same problem as you. When I was on BP, my face would get super oily as the day went on. I think it was because all the products were drying up my face, so it started to over produce oil to counter it. I don't use any acne topicals anymore since my skin is clear now and my oil levels have returned back to normal.

I remember I used to wash my face in the middle of the day since it would get really oily by then. I also know that an unhealthy diet also has a effect on the amount of oil your face produces, so stay away from fried food.

EleFC liked
MemberMember
(@janrickethan)

Posted : 05/18/2015 9:04 pm

Do not wash your face with hot water. Lukewarm water is good. Do not use products with alcohol. Do not overwash yur face. My best advise os for tpu to use oil blotting paper throughout the day.

EleFC liked
MemberMember
(@elefc)

Posted : 05/22/2015 3:49 pm

Hi:-)

Thank you for the answers!

My face was oily before BP but it comes in waves-

Now again Its so damn oily

I wash My face only 2 times per day not to over wash it- but i have to admit sometimes Its hot water under shower- put i Always use Cold water after... But i guess Its bad- i have had Fried food for 2 weeks as i had lunch at Turkish restaurant- bad idea i guess

Its hard to find healthy lunch choices- found some salad place but they have chicken is very creams souce- maybe mayonese- then Its bad also right?

Otherwise i try to have 1 carrot smoothie every day+ organic bananas

What Else i could do to stop this oil-

After being 1 h at the work My face is covered with oil! It looks like dipped into oil pot and very sticky- i try not to touch it but cant help at times

PS i had very bad inflammatory acne 7 months ago- in addition i have ulcerative colitis

Thank you and wish you all the best!

:-)

MemberMember
(@jaedragon)

Posted : 05/30/2015 11:40 pm

The oil-blotting paper suggestion is an excellent one. I have extremely oily skin as well and it helps.

I was on BP as a teenager and it did work, but dried me out like a raisin. I eventually transitioned off to a milder cleanser and toner, but I still keep a spot treatment (5%) around for some rebellious spots.

I suggest looking for a good salicylic acid cleanser and/or toner. A quality BHA formula will penetrate into the pores to help oil not clog up. Also make sure the moisturizer is not heavy, preferably a gel or light lotion. Do be mindful of alcohol in products, especially in salicylic products (seems to be a prevalent ingredient in them).

I find oily skin is all about regulation and balance. We must keep our natural oil in check, not strip it away. A light moisturizer can actually help regulate your oil production, telling the skin it is adequately moisturized. Oily skin is thicker, so natural oils tend to make up for lighter formulas. Read your product labels for any heavy ingredients in treatments like serums and masks if you use those.

Lastly, don't skimp out on a good skincare routine and diet!