Notifications
Clear all

How Long For Spiro And/or Yaz To Kick In?

MemberMember
(@username2155)

Posted : 05/15/2015 8:32 pm

I've skimmed the archives, but I'm mostly just looking for some moral support and/or optimism at this point.

I started 100 mg of spiro/day and Yaz just over 5 weeks ago, and I'm still not seeing any improvement in my cystic acne on my cheeks.

Can anyone who did see positive results with either or both of these medications chime in with how long it took them to see results? I know some folks have said to stick it out for 3 months, but I was really hoping to see some improvement by the 1 month mark.

Any words of encouragement?

Topicals haven't helped me at all (Retin-A Micro, Differin, benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid, salicylic acid), so I was really hoping this combo would work.

Ultimately, I'd like to take spiro alone as I think the Yaz is affecting my mood, but I really, really want my skin to clear up first! I'm 30 years old and very sick of being embarrassed of my face.

Any words of encouragement?

MemberMember
(@likelytempo)

Posted : 05/25/2015 7:05 pm

I'm sorry. I can relate!

I took yasmin (similar to yaz, just higher estrogen) for years and it's the only thing that cleared me. Got off to have kids and then back on after and it's helping but not like before. My derm added spiro and I'm about 10 weeks in. My skin is a roller coaster and I'm not sure if I should wait or go on a higher dose.