Notifications
Clear all

Fermented Cod Liver Oil Alone Or With Butter Oil?

MemberMember
(@siren912)

Posted : 05/13/2015 1:42 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't seem to find it.

I've had really bad cystic acne from late teens to now late 20s. I've been on Accutane twice and will probably have to go on it a third time. While Accutane does clear it up for maybe 6 months at the most, it always comes back. I've been on all kinds of topical and oral medications, but nothing has cured it. I'm on a diet that eliminates dairy and gluten, and also drink a lot of water and barely have any sugar. Basically, I try to eat as clean and healthy as I can.

I've been hearing good reviews about fermented cod liver oil working for a lot of people, and while I'm not expecting a miracle in my case, I'm desperate enough to try it out. My only question is should I just get the fermented cod liver oil by itself, or the kind that also includes butter oil? I've only recently been reading that combining the two is great, but I don't know if butter oil will break me out since wouldn't that be considered dairy?

Anyway, if anyone has any tips, advice, or experience with either fermented cod liver oil or cod liver oil and butter oil I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@ankitaahuja)

Posted : 01/13/2017 5:19 pm

Did you try CLO?

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 01/14/2017 8:24 pm

Have you ever done a hormone panel and an allergy test?Does the acne get worse around ovulation or your period?I would say if it keeps recurring, there's something going on internally that needs to be checked asap. Idk about the butter oil, dairy does make androgenic acne worse.