Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Old, Can Anyone Recommend Something?

MemberMember
(@n-clare)

Posted : 05/13/2015 12:35 pm

Can anyone recommend me something for my scars? I finished accutane about 15 months ago, I have waited for most of the hyper pigmentation to go before making any decisions... But it looks quite hopeless that these scars are going anywhere.post-139002-0-57019800-1431538475_thumb.post-139002-0-03196500-1431538500_thumb.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/13/2015 5:47 pm

Of course I recommend Fraxel Repair. Did you read my post 'Did you ever have any pimples'? I posted that to instill hope. I never thought anybody would ever say that to me. Repair is the only thing that ever did any good for me. Remember when you read forums that negative people are more likely to post than satisfied customers. By the way, I am old, and my final touch will be a facelift.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/13/2015 6:28 pm

Targeted Subcision Suction and microneedling. You could do the microneedling at home, and subcision runs cheap, the shallow scarring might even be completely wiped out if you find a skilled doctor.

Also, I would have to disagree with Dudley, i'm aware and glad he has seen improvement with Repair, but never the less, the bad reviews outweigh the good ones by a ton.. everywhere you look. I personally wouldn't risk it, and no doctor would perform aggressive laser because of your skin tone, which is in good shape.. Another thing, ablative lasers aren't cheap. Your location of scarring or area for example, would run upwards of $1500. As always ablative lasers should always be the last resort. (You wont need it, trust me) Check out my blog.

MemberMember
(@n-clare)

Posted : 05/16/2015 3:12 am

Thank you both so much for your advice!

I had been thinking about fillers... I don't know much about subcision or microneedling - I will do some further research. I'm in the UK so I don't know if that makes I difference to costs/ what's on offer.

I have heard about fraxel, like you said, I heard some bad reviews - I think I would save it as a last resort! I won't rule things out completely - roaccutane was also a last resort, but I ended up needing it!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/16/2015 5:08 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1237144/I-grew-facelift--took-inch-tummy.html

Since you are in the UK look into this treatment

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/27/2015 2:57 pm

Can anyone recommend me something for my scars? I finished accutane about 15 months ago, I have waited for most of the hyper pigmentation to go before making any decisions... But it looks quite hopeless that these scars are going anywhere.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I remember you from my early days at the org! So happy that you cleared up. You look wonderful.