Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
parrot

How To get on Roaccutane

Hi, Anyway, My acne has been fairly persistent over the last four years, i am 20 now, except for the summer just gone where i cleared up pretty much with the help of Dans Regimen, which i first discovered about two years ago.

Anyway my Acne has come back in force now and has probably been worse than it ever was, So ive decided enough is enough and I want to go on Roaccutane. I have been doing quite a bit of research over the last few days and i understand the risks and dangers but my mind is made up, this is what i want to do. The trouble is that I live in the Uk and have never really been to see the Gp about my accutane, so im imagining that once i go there i willl have to get a referral to a derm and then theyll put me on some other drug when really all I want to go on is roacutane. I have some money so i can probably afford a private derm if this is quicker, i am just wondering what the quickest method would probably be and how long does everyone think this will take.

Guest Craigems

Go to your doctor, tell him that all other medications havent worked and the Acne is starting to make you feel depressed. Ask if ur GP can write you a referral with the suggestion of going on RoAccutane thats what my doctor did. Then when you go and see your derm tell him that you have had acne for ages and u have tried heaps of stuff but nothing works and yeh ...

Depending on how long it takes for u to get around to getting an appointment with the derm etc. I rekon u'll be on RoAccutane in about 1 - 2 months time assuming everything goes reasonably smoothly biggrin.gif

Guest Craigems

For starters i wouldnt buy online because Americans pay about 100x more than Europe and Australiasia, lol your an idiot if you do. For starters in Australia i can by the same amount of RoAccutane for $35US LOL, i aint paying $200 US for Infirior products lol i prefer the 10% price version personally ... smile.gif then again i value my life also because i have regular blood tests.

Hey parrot,

I agree with what Craigems said about Gp and referral to a derm. The only problem with this is is the time. It toook me 3 months to get an appointment with a derm through my GP/referral which was far too long for me, in my circumstances so i went and did it privately.

THe onl problem is its DAMN expensive. Im paying £125 a consultation, which ive had 6/7 in the last 3 months. Im paying £70 for bloodtests. And im paying £67 per box of 60 roaccutane pills which last me 20 days. Its DAAAAAMN expensive. But... i dont regret it, i feel properly cared for and might not be on roaccutane yet instead of being in the middle of my third month if id gone with the NHS.

Best of luck,whatever you decide to do.

Frankie smile.gif

p.s: Say to whatever derm to see that you've tried several other acne medications for no avail and its really starting to effect you. That'll do the trick! wink.gif But mke sure ifits through the GP, theres no correspondance of action already taken!!That'd catch you out.. Potentially embarassing.wink.gif

Hi, Anyway, My acne has been fairly persistent over the last four years, i am 20 now, except for the summer just  gone where i cleared up pretty much with the help of Dans Regimen, which i first discovered about two years ago.

Anyway my Acne has come back in force now and has probably been worse than it ever was, So ive decided enough is enough and I want to go on Roaccutane. I have been doing quite a bit of research over the last few days and i understand the risks and dangers but my mind is made up, this is what i want to do. The trouble is that I live in the Uk and have never really been to see the Gp about my accutane, so im imagining that once i go there i willl have to get a referral to a derm and then theyll put me on some other drug when really all I want to go on is roacutane. I have some money so i can probably afford a private derm if this is quicker, i am just wondering what the quickest method would probably be and how long does everyone think this will take.

What have you tried so far? If you can see your normal (non derm) doctor in a reasonable time period, ask them if they'll prescribe you something else you haven't tried yet, so you at least have something until you get into the derm (they may be able to prescribe something more innocuous for your skin w/out being a derm). For me, Tazorac cream and klaron lotion have completely cleared me (where other harsher topicals and pills have failed), and they are even slightly moisturizing. My red marks are even starting to fade ever so slightly. If you haven't tried them yet, it' definitely worth it, as they don't have the side effects of acccutane. My latest annoyance is that my new insurance company isn't going to cover the Tazorac, so I'm going to have to start paying out of pocket. Luckily, I can find it for $45 US plus shipping in Canada (yey Canada, and US lack of interest in enforcing Bush's medication import policies) for about a 2 month supply, which isn't too bad.

i think seeing a dematologist is over rated. With all the info about dosing, personal experiences, why bother. You can still get blood work done monthly even though you didnt get a script fom a doc. Its your right. I still wouldnt buy the shit online.

Guest Craigems

its more the fact it can possibly destroy your liver and ruin the rest of your life... sure why not get it without being monitored properly... whilst your at it load a bullet into your gun hold it to your head a play russian ruellette. I would advise going to a derm.