Notifications
Clear all

Tanning On Roaccutane

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 05/07/2015 8:50 am

Hey guys,

I'm currently on Roaccutane and am really really pale, which means that every single bit of hyperpigmentation (and there is a lot) is on full show. I'm so pale you can even see veins!

I used to go to the sunbeds once a week for like 5 minutes before I started (not a lot at all) to just keep up a slight tan, however, this is obviously not really doable...

I'm not a massive fan of spray tans as I find they are just far too messy, and especially on Roaccutane with the dry skin it just wouldn't work out. I was thinking maybe there's a nice tinted facial moisturizer that is suitable for those with acne prone/dry skin? I think I'm going to avoid the body but see if I can just find a really light facial one to try and even out the complexion and make me look, well...socially acceptable!

Anyone have any advice? Also, I have read that people have gone to actual sunbeds whilst on this drug, and suffered nothing -- I'm going to be going to Florida for my birthday in July, which is right near the end of my course, and I would obviously love a tan... is five minutes every week in a sunbed really going to cause mega damage? (I mean...surely that's far better off than those who actually live in hot countries or work outside?)

Just needed some advice :) Thank you.

MemberMember
(@mstussy87)

Posted : 05/07/2015 3:04 pm

Airbrush tan. Not a spray tan airbrush. It's different and even better. I'm not sure where you are but in Huntington Beach California there was a place and they'd do my friend Lisa perfectly. You couldn't even tell it was a brush.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 05/08/2015 7:02 am

Hmm I've never heard of that, I'm currently in the UK but I'm not a huge fan of the spray-ons just because they tend to look rather blotchy on me, especially being on accutane. I'll have to check it out!

Any other suggestions?

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 05/30/2015 5:28 pm

There is a video on YouTube where this girl talks about her experience of when she decided to go out in the sun and get a surburn . I think it was right at the end of her Accutane treatment, bad idea , she got blisters all over, not only her face, you should watch it.

Just imagine what a tanning bed would do.

Why risk it?

I don't even know how I ended up watching that video, it was one of those days when I was watching some other unrelated stuff and you all know the rest of the story.

Take care.