Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Ever Been On Minocycline

MemberMember
(@ariasbrah)

Posted : 05/06/2015 9:29 pm

I've been taking if for two days and been getting nauseous and headaches. I don't know if its the pills or something else, but I've been reading a bunch of stories of how horrible it is and that I shouldn't take it. So are the headaches normal? Is this acne medication safe?

MemberMember
(@ariasbrah)

Posted : 05/07/2015 10:07 am

Anyone....

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 05/07/2015 10:54 am

Ive been taking Minocycline off and on for a year. At first I was getting headaches and feeling fatigued but that soon went away for me after a few weeks. Im now taking E.E.S since Minocycline stopped working and I'm having an IB from bumping my Spiro up to 100mg. Make sure you eat a meal with the Mino and drink lots of water!

AriasBrah liked
MemberMember
(@matt1111)

Posted : 05/07/2015 1:33 pm

I noticed it made me a little bit nauseous if i took it first thing in the morning on a totally empty stomach or if i took it with caffeine.

Every medication has potential side effects, its just a matter of if you think the benefits outweigh the risks. I think most people never have any real problems with antibiotics, tons of people get he prescribed for a variety of different reasons. I took them two separate times now with no side effects (they didn't work on my acne though)

AriasBrah liked
MemberMember
(@ariasbrah)

Posted : 05/07/2015 1:38 pm

I noticed it made me a little bit nauseous if i took it first thing in the morning on a totally empty stomach or if i took it with caffeine.

Every medication has potential side effects, its just a matter of if you think the benefits outweigh the risks. I think most people never have any real problems with antibiotics, tons of people get he prescribed for a variety of different reasons. I took them two separate times now with no side effects (they didn't work on my acne though)

It's been working for me I hust read a few bad reports on it and it made me really paranoid. So headaches isn't bad?

Ive been taking Minocycline off and on for a year. At first I was getting headaches and feeling fatigued but that soon went away for me after a few weeks. Im now taking E.E.S since Minocycline stopped working and I'm having an IB from bumping my Spiro up to 100mg. Make sure you eat a meal with the Mino and drink lots of water!

MemberMember
(@kay789)

Posted : 05/07/2015 2:28 pm

I've been taking it for months, and at a pretty high dosage.

I always get nauseous if I take it without food, but other than that, I don't have any problems. I have never had headaches but I know that is a possible side effect.

Everybody responds to things differently, if your body doesn't seem to be tolerating minocycline, call your doctor and he will prescribe something else.

One last point - I take 200 mg a day, so I take 100 mg at breakfast, another 100mg at lunch, and then I take a probiotic with dinner. Antibiotics kill good AND bad bacteria, so it's important to replenish the good bacteria. I have been on antibiotics most of the last 5 years, and have found that taking probiotics helps prevent stomach upset. Just don't take it at the exact same time or the antibiotic will kill the probiotic.

MemberMember
(@ariasbrah)

Posted : 05/07/2015 2:40 pm

I've been taking it for months, and at a pretty high dosage.

I always get nauseous if I take it without food, but other than that, I don't have any problems. I have never had headaches but I know that is a possible side effect.

Everybody responds to things differently, if your body doesn't seem to be tolerating minocycline, call your doctor and he will prescribe something else.

Yea my doctor said take 2 a day, but if I see improvements take only 1 a day which I do. I took it with food today and did not get a headache or nausea. I am just scared because I read a few bad reviews on the medication. Do you think headaches are ok?

MemberMember
(@kay789)

Posted : 05/10/2015 5:28 pm

Yea my doctor said take 2 a day, but if I see improvements take only 1 a day which I do. I took it with food today and did not get a headache or nausea. I am just scared because I read a few bad reviews on the medication. Do you think headaches are ok?

Since you just started, I would only worry about the headaches if they were happening every day .

Give your body a week or two to adapt to the medication. If you're still getting headaches, call the doctor. If not - I wouldn't worry.