Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RatFink

7 days after 100% TCA cross I have ??s

Hello everyone, I just did a 100% TCA cross 7 days ago and want to do a 25% TCA peel this Thurs., since I will be on vacation 1 week. 2 questions: 1) Is it OK to do a 25% TCA peel at that timeframe. 2) How do I dilute 100% TCA solution to 25%?- Is this just done with purified water?

i still have the scabs on from the cross - they took several dyas to form, and they have been on for 3-4 days now.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

just by reading your question quick. I'd say no on #1.

Be patient.

I agree with Obi. If you still have scabs, you need to let them heal up and allow the collagen to rebuild. I wouldn't do a 25% TCA peel for at least another 3 weeks...at least. If you do a TCA peel now with scabs still on, you could do some damage. Don't mess with the scabs.

As Obi said, you need to be patient. There is no rushing this process, and especially if you used 100% TCA, your skin is going to need months to fully recover.

About 4 weeks from now, you can possibly try a very mild peel, like a low % lactic acid peel, but even that's iffy.

Just hang in there and let things progress a little more.

Using a peel on recently wounded skin would probably be a disaster. shock.gif Collagen takes time to build; be patient. Purified water would be fine to dilute it with, when and if you do use it again.