Notifications
Clear all

Paleness And Tanned Body Making Me Sad

MemberMember
(@shaunah123)

Posted : 05/05/2015 1:35 pm

Hi!

Basically, for about 4 years now my face has been 100 times lighter than the rest of my body and I've found no causes or way to solve this.

I have been in the sun and when I tan, the one on my face lasts maybe a week while my body is very dark.(I'm naturally olive skin tone)

I usually just go more pale and red in the sun but my body will tan, I have used a face solarium to tan my face but it actually makes me paler.

This has caused so much distress for my self esteem as I used to be so confident and now I can't look people in the eye because I look deathly pale, it's like my head is photoshopped onto my body. I've tried everything and nothing is working, I'm meant to be revising right now but I'm not because I'm search "pale face tan body" on google to find answers (I do this for hours).

I hate wearing make up and self tanners, I just want to be okay with my natural self again.

I know this is vain and I should just accept it, but I used to do modelling and was actually very pretty and now I look unwell constantly and I have no colour at all to my face, you can see the veins under my eyes.

It's not just pale, it's a weird texture and consistancy with a lot of redness compared to my cooler yellow toned body.

I feel so ugly and insecure now, does anyone know how to solve this? I've had acne for 4 years as well, I don't know if that contributed?

MemberMember
(@pookiedoll)

Posted : 05/05/2015 9:43 pm

This happens to me too bc topicals drain out color in my face. I know this is terrible for you but I go to the tanning salon to even it out here & there & I mostly just deal and try to even out with makeup. I rarely let anyone see me without makeup. As much as I hate my pale uneven face I would rather it be clear & pale though so I continue to use topicals. What topicals do you use?

MemberMember
(@shaunah123)

Posted : 05/06/2015 6:21 am

This happens to me too bc topicals drain out color in my face. I know this is terrible for you but I go to the tanning salon to even it out here & there & I mostly just deal and try to even out with makeup. I rarely let anyone see me without makeup. As much as I hate my pale uneven face I would rather it be clear & pale though so I continue to use topicals. What topicals do you use?

I've tried tanning and it makes my face go shiny and more pale somehow, it looks like it has a white shiny cast over it for weeks after I tan! It's so weird, and when I do tan it lasts about a week. I'd rather be tan with acne because I'm naturally olive so a tan suits me better.

I haven't really been using topicals, I'm not even sure what's been put into the products I'm using.

I used to wash my face four times a day and exfoliate every other day, I don't know if this would impact it because I keep scrubbing my face so much. I've tried to stop but the colour doesn't seem to be coming back! The moisturizers I use quite acidic as well and I use a lot of acid peel face masks.

How long have you had a pale face for? How long do you think it'll take to come back?

I've stopped wearing make up and I feel so gross all the time.

Thanks for replying!

MemberMember
(@shaunah123)

Posted : 05/10/2015 9:56 am

Anyone??

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 05/10/2015 5:56 pm

You could have a possible skin condition.. Like Michael Jackson. Maybe over use of BP bleached your skin. Or maybe your iron or hemoglobin are low (or vitamin d3 level) . That's what comes to my mind when some says their pale. Hard to say unless we see a pic to see how drastic the change is. Have not heard of this before.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 05/10/2015 6:02 pm

I agree with k3tchup. You should stop using all topicals and chemicals nd see if that helps. Also, if you're taking any medications, try to stop those, too. They can be causing reactions and killing off good bacteria in your body. When did this start?

MemberMember
(@shaunah123)

Posted : 05/12/2015 6:08 am

You could have a possible skin condition.. Like Michael Jackson. Maybe over use of BP bleached your skin. Or maybe your iron or hemoglobin are low (or vitamin d3 level) . That's what comes to my mind when some says their pale. Hard to say unless we see a pic to see how drastic the change is. Have not heard of this before.

post-459063-0-82525700-1431428769.jpg

I've tried taking iron and at first it worked and everything was okay and now it's back to how it usually is!

I agree with k3tchup. You should stop using all topicals and chemicals nd see if that helps. Also, if you're taking any medications, try to stop those, too. They can be causing reactions and killing off good bacteria in your body. When did this start?

Started when I was about 14, I've tried caveman regimen but not for long and didn't see a difference!