Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drummerman

V-Beam

I recently have had 4 smoothbeam treatments for acne. Now the acne is wayyyy better and all, it made me hyperpigment like crazzzzyyyy. Now that every little blemish leaves a mark, it kinda sucks. Add that ontop of CONSTANTLY red skin on my WHOLE chin and nose/area under the eyes. It gets even redder after excercising or sweating. when I say red I dont mean a bunch of marks that make it look like my whole chin is red, i'm sayin my whole chin is red.

Ok now, what is the consencus on vbeam? How many treatments...cost per treatments...how long do results last....any horrible side effects? Anything else I should know.

I have been to candelas website and it shows some pretty impressive results!

also if it matters: I am caucasion, pretty fair skinned. I hyperpigmented pretty easily before smoothbeam but SB only exacerbated the problem.

Thanks!!

Your skin sounds exactly like mine. Mine gets super red around my chin and under my nose and my forehead gets really blotchy. My cheeks also flush quite a bit too. I was looking into V-Beam as well. I was lucky to find two doctors in my current area that perform Smoothbeam but no such luck with V-Beam. confused.gif Did you know you can actually get the two combined and all done at once? Too bad you didn't do that beforehand. When combined with SB, I'm guessing it'd be around six treatments since that's what it usually is to see maximum results. So probably between 4-6 I would say. Also, if you find a site or something that allows you to search for surgeons that perform Smoothbeam AND V-Beam let me know, k? Good luck. smile.gif Post your results.

hey drummerman, i have redness in the same spots as you and i'm getting v-beam done in January to try and reduce it. I'll let you know how it goes, or if you get it done first let me know how you get on.

Cheers.

hey drummerman, i have redness in the same spots as you and i'm getting v-beam done in January to try and reduce it.  I'll let you know how it goes, or if you get it done first let me know how you get on.

Cheers.