Notifications
Clear all

Purging Like Crazy On Retina (Tretinoin) & Benzoyl Peroxide Regimen

MemberMember
(@hope2013)

Posted : 05/04/2015 7:06 pm

Help :(

I've been on a regimen of a Benzoyl Peroxide face wash (PanOxyl 4%) in the morning, 75mg of Spironolactone for hormonal acne, and Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control. At night I use CeraVe facewash, then CeraVe moisturizer and then 30 mins later, a topical retinoid (RetinA 0.05%).

The past 6 weeks have been a ROLLERCOASTER. Some days my skin is purging, others it's healing, and others it actually looks a lot better and I only have to use a few dots of concealer.

Right now is an AWFUL purging time. My face is purging on my cheeks, above my lip, on my jawline, and on my temples. I really can't stand this anymore! Advice, encouragement--both needed!!!

I have marks from previous pores that purged all over--on my temple, cheeks, chin, below my lip, forehead, etc. And about 5 actives, too!

:(

MemberMember
(@vdog800)

Posted : 05/04/2015 8:40 pm

Hi, I was on tretinoin for the last 3 months then yesterday switched to tazorac, the tretinoin kind of worked for me. I never had a bad purging period because I was also and am still taking an oral antibiotic. I personally don't think my dermatologist gave me enough time on tretinoin before switching me to taz, because it seemed like right around 10-12 weeks it was really showing improvement. Anyway if you haven't already, you can definitely expect tretinoin to lighten/fade old marks. I had very dark ones that are fairly light now thanks to tretinoin. I would definitely say stick with it Atleast until 12 weeks before thinking about trying something new. Best of luck to you!