Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

Back in October I switched to Yaz, and for about 2 months I broke out pretty consistently but after those two months my skin was amazing. The only problem was I lost my period completely. I could induce a period with Vitamin C but that made me break out -- for a while it was clear skin, or my reproductive health.

So I went to the doctor, and after a lot of research I asked her if I could switch to Yasmin because I figured it's in the same drug family so the adjustment might not be as bad. I told her I was really worried about the initial break out, and she shrugged me off -- she gave me tactou gel and clindamycin. I really wanted to try an oral antibiotic to kick the initial break out in the butt -- she said no because it can mess with the birth control (even though I don't require birth control at the moment).

I'm just wondering if anyone has every switched from Yaz to Yasmin and what their experience was?

I'm hoping this is a good change for my skin!

Thanks everyone!