Notifications
Clear all

Dermaflage Work For My Bad Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 04/29/2015 9:45 am

Hello Everyone,

I have Acne since I was 13 and now am 37 years olds.
I suffered from bad acne scarring and have all sort of scars (pitted, wide, rolling, chicken pox)
Over the years, I tried Subcision, Fraxel, CO2, Fat Transfer, Fillers, TCA Cross, tropical Cream and even the latest Infini.
During each treatment I was filled with hope that my scar will be improved ... only to meet with disappointment. Basically improvement is from 10-20% only.
I tried comestic to hide my scar but none work as the scars show badly especially under spotlights.

================

Last year, I learned about Dermaflage and see the video on how it can hide one scar.
But since, it can hide one scar, I always believe I can hide many scar on my face.
To be frank, my first few tries was met with disappointment as I cannot seem to cover my scars well.
Problem I have met :
1) Dermaflage dries before I apply it successfully
2) I use a lot to cover my whole face and feel it is a waste of money.
3) Some scar I filled, looks like bump
4) Some Makeup do not work for me when I used Dermaflage
5) Even if I got the color that most match my skin tone, there are still uneven tone.

================

However, I did not give up and continue to try and try.
I learned that each scars type need different way to apply.
Below is the result I can achieve after mastering my act of using dermaflage for 3 months.
I can said that I am so happy when people start noticing I am attractive again and filled with confident again.
Everyday, I take 40 minutes to apply dermaflage for whole face and face each day with confidence :) ......... finally.

=================

I will update this post on how to overcome the different difficulties I stated above like (how to prevent application wastage and what makeup to use.)
Those who are interested. Stay tune to this post.
Thanks.
Regards,
HappyScars.
MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 04/29/2015 5:26 pm

1 tube of dermaflage can last me roughly 1/2 a month or 15 days.

So I usually need around 2 tube for the entire month. It might be costly to some people, but most of my woman friends spend more on all sort of comestics per month.

MemberMember
(@manx)

Posted : 05/15/2015 12:08 am

That looks awesome, thanks for sharing and looking forward for more tips from you. I am thinking to get dermaflage, my skin color is very similar to yours may I know which color tone works for you?

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 06/30/2015 5:49 pm

I used light tan.

Take note : The colour tone might not match your skin colour exactly. So get the one darker than your skin if u cannot find a close match

Why get the one darker than your skin?

Answer - If you get the tone lighter than your skin, then it will look like white spots when you spot treat like me.

=================

How do a darker tone work for my skin then?

Answer - You realise that Dermaflage got the transparent cream and the coloured cream?

You have to mix both to get it to SET and thicken into skin

The trick is how much to mix both to get the correct colour.

Actually, you do not have to mix 100% transparent cream with 100% coloured cream for it to SET to skin .......

---- if you want a lighter tone, you can mix 100% transparent cream, with 50% cream to get a lighter shade - It will still set :)

So the trick is you need to try how much to mix to get the colour you want ----- (note: my method above will have some cream wastage but I care more about getting the correct colour tone :P)

MemberMember
(@monami)

Posted : 06/30/2015 6:13 pm

What about the product bulging? It seems to bulge throughout the day because it is near my smile. What is your method to adding the correct amount every time? Also, it states u put a concealer over the dermaflage. What brand of concealer do you use?

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 06/30/2015 6:25 pm

Someone messaged me the question below

========================================

I have very similar skin texture and acne scars as you and am struggling trying to find a way for the dermaflage to look natural and cover up my scars. When I spot treat, it bulges from the surrounding skin. I also noticed you use a concealer after dermaflage application, what kind do you use? Can you please send me a step by step instruction of your routine? Your skin looks amazing!! Thank you

========================================

Answer :

1) What application tool to use to apply to acne scars for easier spot treating?

Ans : I used the tool that look like a tooth pick. With the tooth pick, I can mix the creams and pick up a small chunk of dermaflage to fill each scar.

Do not paste one whole chunk into your pitted scar. Pick up just the right amount with the tooth pick then fill your scar

2) How do I slowly pick the right amount to fill a scar because the dermaflage dries so fast???

Ans: There are 2 cream - the transparent one and the coloured one. You will notice the 2 cream will SET into skin when you mix both together.

What I usually do is ---> Put the point where the 2 cream come out of that injection syringe thingy to be perpendicular with the base.

Then I squeeze the creams out on the base and pull a line as I squeeze the cream out onto a base.

So you will have 2 line of creams on the base.

I mix part of the 2 line to get the amount I need. The part of the line of cream that is not mixed yet will not dry so fast. (which can be used to fill another scar)

This allow u to get the right amount of creams onto your toothpick before cream SET.

DO NOT squeeze out whole chunk of cream at a SPOT and mix .... .usually you do not squeeze out the correct amount and once mixed, it set fast .... so there is a lot of wastage. Pull out the cream in a line and mix portion of the line you need for each scar. Any excess of the line of cream that is not used yet .... you can use to fill next scar.

3) How to apply each scar to make it look natural (without the above so called bulges) ?

Ans: Initially, when I used Dermaflage, I face the same problem as the person above. it bulges from surrounding skin after application.

It goes down to the very basic skill when using dermaflage => LESS is MORE.

Let say each scar is a CUP. You do not fill the cup totally. You fill it just right before it overflow. Then you SET it.

It will look natural.

The trick is how to fill it just right before it overflow. Ans: use the toothpick applicator to slowly push in the cream and use the tooth pick to adjust the cream to be level with the skin before you SET it with the pad. Note: I can say it take time and skill to do it just right, you need to trial and error many times till you get it right.

However, if you manage to get it to look right for 1 scar, you will know how to get it right for the rest to not look bulgy.

So be patient. I also tried many times before I know how to do it right.

TIP: Fill in each scar so that the dermaflage cover just enough for each Scar ... do not have overflow. Just like a cup, you fill it to the top with out any overflowing. If any extra, the water will flow out and cause the bulgy look.

4) What concealer I used?

Those cream-based concealer that you apply on your entire face at one go do not work well for me when I have dermaflage on.

I used those Crayon like concealor - like a pencil

I used "La Suffren - Stylo Cover Stick"

=============

Hope above tips help :)

MemberMember
(@monami)

Posted : 06/30/2015 7:28 pm

That does help greatly!

Do you have any advice for widespread application? When I attempt to spot treat, my surrounding skin is so uneven and wavy that the texture of my skin is still bad even when the holes are filled. I've tried spreading it evenly and that's where my bulging problems come from. Any suggestions with widespread application?

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 06/30/2015 8:36 pm

Wide spread application as in those scars that are very long and wide?

If u see my pic .... I have at least 2 of those .... Hehe

For those kind of wide rolling scar, I am usually more generous and use more cream ....and yeah it sometimes bulge a bit Where u can see some edges

That is when I apply a second thin layer over the edges to smooth it out .... This applying of second layer depends on how obvious the edge of first application is .

If the edges for first application is too obvious, I rather remove the first application and redo it again

MemberMember
(@monami)

Posted : 06/30/2015 8:54 pm

No, not scars that are very wide. but widespread application because my scars are impossible to treat individually because the skin texture is bad. I have ice picks, craters and ridges that are impossible to treat individual. I am trying to flat out the whole surface after individually filling in the worse scars

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 07/01/2015 12:57 am

Hi Monami,

It take time to refine your skill to flat out whole surface and how you apply the cream at certain scars near a particular area.

Sometimes you need to fill out scars that are near each other individually first , then you smear a layer between these closely placed scar to achieve a flat surface.

You will have to experiment till you get what I have learned to do over many months.

So Try and Try until you get it !

Don't give up!!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/05/2016 9:59 pm

Hey bro could you please make a video tutorial on how you applied this on for you.

I have multiple scars on both cheeks almost identical to yours.

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 03/17/2016 11:42 am

That's pretty damn impressive... to the point that I can't believe it's just been done using dermaflage and other concealer! You can't notice any imperfections or detect that you're wearing anything to cover it up.

Dermaflage really is quite clever but I never thought it would be practical for if you had anything that more than one or two noticeable scars. You seem to truly have mastered the art, even if it does take you 40 minutes a day.

Personally, as much as I want to improve my appearance I really don't see myself investing so much time into this approach each day so still only see it as a last resort. Still, encouraging to see what you can achieve if you through a lot of perseverance and trial and error.

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 07/29/2016 11:02 pm

u are right to say it is easier to work for 1 or 2 ... But since it can work for 1 or 2 , it will work for more .... Like u say it is the effort to apply to all

the sad thing is I do not dare go out without applying dermaflage anymore as the difference to my face is massive ..... Hence, I rather spend the 40 min on a daily basis to put dermaflage.... Anyway, during the 40 min, I use it to contemplate and think about stuffs as I put put on my makeup like "how beauty is only skin deep" :D

I create this post because I know there are lots of ppl like me who are obsessing with their scars and thinking plenty of negative thoughts the whole day on a daily basis ..... In a sense, covering up my imperfection free me from this endless spiral ....

At least now when I pass by a mirror , I no longer stare to see how obvious my scars are and feel disgusted ...... Haha , now I stare to see if my dermaflage makeup stay on *rofl* 

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 07/30/2016 1:18 am

Btw I read a lot of talk on this forum on wearing dermaflage for up to 2 days .... For me I always remove it at the end of the day to let my skin have some fresh air

technically skin do not breathe but we also dun want it to be clogged by wearing makeup for too long

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 09/06/2016 9:43 am

Dermaflage - This I will give it a go. I don't know where to start which one to go for? Like I am south asian dark skin. Is there a colour chart? I don't want to buy it and then find out it's the wrong one for me. Please help! :( 

I'm on ebay, it's that where you bought it from? I will go for the starter kit dark skin, I really hope I can get some confidence in me if it goes all well....

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 09/09/2016 6:33 am

On 9/6/2016 at 10:43 AM, Mint Berry Crunch said:

Dermaflage - This I will give it a go. I don't know where to start which one to go for? Like I am south asian dark skin. Is there a colour chart? I don't want to buy it and then find out it's the wrong one for me. Please help! :( 

I'm on ebay, it's that where you bought it from? I will go for the starter kit dark skin, I really hope I can get some confidence in me if it goes all well....

I recently bought it off of the main website.  I have fairly shallow scarring so the two tubes it came with will last me a while.  I literally use just a tiny bit and it has been making my scars practically unnoticeable.  For the small price it's definitely worth trying out at least once.  

MemberMember
(@fory0608)

Posted : 04/27/2017 9:01 pm

Hi I just started using dermaflage a few weeks ago. It is pretty awesome. I am still learning though. I did email the company asking if they had a texture pad with more texture to it. Being that I am covering an acne scar obviously the surrounding skin is no where as smooth as the texture pad. I feel if the texture pad had some more large pores in it the dermaflage would blend perfectly. They emailed me back and suggested I use an orange peel (apparently makeup artists use that method sometimes). I tried it and the texture was awesome however it made the finish to shiny. Does anyone have any ideas on how to impart more texture to dermaflage?

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 07/07/2017 9:40 pm

It's been one year since I am in this forum .... just want to remind fellow acne scar sufferers not to be depressed and there are ways to cover up your scars efficiently. I have gone through the similar mental anguish that we all share but I am happy I found my release from endless depression. So do not give up!

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 07/08/2017 8:37 am

10 hours ago, HappyScar said:

It's been one year since I am in this forum .... just want to remind fellow acne scar sufferers not to be depressed and there are ways to cover up your scars efficiently. I have gone through the similar mental anguish that we all share but I am happy I found my release from endless depression. So do not give up!

Do you still use it at a daily basis?

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 08/05/2017 3:09 am

I am thinking of trying this. I am also male.
My question is does this product cause acne breakouts? I am currently on Accutane, and I currently use Dermablend to help conceal scars, with a little improvement.

This product sounds great, but I wonder if it would cause acne? I know Dermablend doesn't.

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 08/06/2018 12:10 pm

On 8/5/2017 at 4:09 PM, ScarRight said:

I am thinking of trying this. I am also male.
My question is does this product cause acne breakouts? I am currently on Accutane, and I currently use Dermablend to help conceal scars, with a little improvement.

This product sounds great, but I wonder if it would cause acne? I know Dermablend doesn't.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 09/24/2018 1:35 pm

Thank u lots for explanations how to apply DF. Scars similar to urs. Still will try some treatment but at 45 understand that nothing worked so far. Tried DF, when it dries, it stays still for an hour or so then falls of( works on deep boxcar not shallow. Preparing pics and descriptions to post here on the forum.