Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Moisturiser?

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 04/28/2015 6:53 am

Hey all,

Looking for a good moisturiser for my skin while on accutane?

My skin is red and flaking/peeling off. My pimples are sore around them. My skin is still oily though as only been on accutane for almost 2 weeks.

Please someone help me! I work in a professional position and it's quite embarrassing meeting clients with my skin flaking off.

I am from Australia! Thank you!

MemberMember
(@stillacne)

Posted : 04/28/2015 8:56 am

In your "All About Roaccutane" booklet, there's a page on recommended moisturisers. (Page 12)

I also suffered very bad skin peeling recently.

One thing I learned from bad skin peeling is don't wear makeup on that area, makeup would only make it more noticeable.

To speed up the recovering of skin peeling (face), apart from lots of moisturisers, I use "Neutrogena Hand Cream" on the peeling part, which works faster than regular moisturisers (for me).

Drinking more water helps.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 04/28/2015 7:12 pm

'All about Roaccutane' booklet? I'm on Roaccutane and have never seen nor heard of this...could you post what the recommended products it suggests are please?

As far as moisturisers, I am on accutane myself and am still struggling to find the perfect product. I am in month 3 and for the first two months flirted between Cetaphil cream and absolutely nothing. Eventually the flakiness got so bad that it wasn't possible to not moisturize, but the cetaphil only seemed tomake me redder. I'm using aloe vera gel right now and it seems to help diminish some of the redness EVER so slightly, but it doesn't seem to help with the flakiness.

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 04/29/2015 5:32 am

I can't even remember where I put my booklet lol.

I have only just wore mineral powder instead of foundation today it's not as noticeable so might need to just use that.

Thank you! I will try the aloe Vera and the neutrogena hand cream!

I am just using paw paw cream for my lips and that is good!

MemberMember
(@pinkypie83)

Posted : 08/05/2015 3:17 pm

Try Dr paw paw it saved my poor skin and lips and it's only 7!! The yellow tube is uncoloured It's only new in the UK but you can buy it online Sooo worth every penny! I hope this helps you as much as it helped me!!