Notifications
Clear all

Why Do Certain Coffee Types Break Me Out And Others Do Not ?

MemberMember
(@happyguy)

Posted : 04/27/2015 12:06 pm

For example if I drink a low quality coffee I might find I get rashes or other acne problems.

If iI drink a higher quality coffee I don't get these problems.

I've got this same situation with chocolate. If the maker of it is higher quality I don't experience skin problems.

Does anyone else relate to this ?

btw the type of coffee im drinking is blue mountain from jamaica. very good top notch and is not bugging me like all the others ive tried.

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/30/2015 12:38 am

Well... I know that "low quality chocolate" has a lot of milk and sugar... two ingredients that when combined produce some of the the worst kinds of effects on most people's prone to acne. I haven't touched Hershey's in years. Doughnuts cause my skin to go through hell. Go for the gold and only eat the good stuff if you're craving to gorge on some dark, rich and heavenly goodness.

The only thing I suspect from 'low quality coffee" is the incredibly high amount of caffeine content in it, or several other chemicals combined with the caffeine that raises blood sugar and even hormones. High quality coffee beans are roasted properly and with less chemicals added to them. Most American's only drink the stuff that gets them going, throwing quality right out the window.

If you are clear avoiding these things, then by all means you should do so, and then state what helped you become clear. If you avoided these things and found that you still get some acne, but the low quality things were making you break out more, start looking at the rest of your diet and find all the caffeine, milk and sugar that you eat throughout the day (chocolate also has caffeine in it).

Hidden sugar sources is bread, bakeries, pasta's and too much fruit.

Hidden milk sources is refrigerate products with milk such as low quality cheese, pre-cooked meals, soups and even drinks.

Caffeine is a chemical that the body does not require to survive. If you need caffeine to keep you going, try switching to tea, and not the bagged kind but the rich, loose leaf tea. Coffee websites might also sell good teas as well. A large bag of loose leaf tea tastes better anyway (just like high quality coffee) and can last you far longer than a box of 100 bags of tea. I like to refill my cup when the leaves have already opened because the flavor keeps changing.

Read alternativista's post about milk, sugar and caffeine:

MemberMember
(@happyguy)

Posted : 05/03/2015 1:09 pm

Awesome response, I do agree about the quality on the chocolates and coffee being a strong relation to it.

I find nowadays I can hardly eat anything with sugar in it such as cookies, or chocolates I do infact avoid them at all costs.

Instead what I do is eat lots of Bananas and apples, frozen fruits, smoothies (made with milk and 100% whey isolate) ( they use whey powder as the main thickening ingredient in many milkshake and smoothies bought from stores, also is very high in protein) I used to suspect I was allergic to the milk for a while. but have found nowadays I am clear for the most part. I do acne when I get sick or so.

What helps me to stay clear is keeping a stress free life as much as possbile, always keeping positive and positive outlook, keeping a strong varied diet with lots of protein in it. but always making sure I try to put in as much vegetables and fruits (bananas) as much as possible. I like the del monte or dole brand bananas they seem the best quality and go lovely with milk and whey in the blender :)

When I clean myself I do not even bother to use a cleanser for on my face the only thing I will use is a fresh cloth and warm water in the shower. after that then I will put soap on the cloth to then wash my body but NEVER will I use any type of cleanser or soap on face again. I tried that all throughout and it never worked.

I did try tea but found all the caffienated varietys broke me out. and same with most coffee, it would swell my face and probably other parts of body. so I try to drink atleast 2 liter of tap water per day. I do remeber getting away with not breaking out for about a week going with the coffee that comes in the bean format from the store in package. the type that requires it to be grounded at home etc. I bought a type called french vanilla and seemed to be okay for a week before effects. My blue mountain coffee comes already grinded. its a really unique coffee i'd recommend. btw you look amazing :)

for diet I keep a solid regime, breakfast - oatmeal and milk lunch - egg sandwhich with extra mayo - dinner - veggie stew with chunks of meat. and for snacks inbetween i will throw in fruits like bananas or apples. I stick to this diet every day and find it helps alot to have routine.

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 05/04/2015 9:55 am

When I get sick I break out too. Most people I know do, even those who have no acne... their completion goes out the window then they're lying in bed with the flue or cold or stomach issues.

Your diet seems overall good, but be careful of bananas and apples... they still have a lot of sugar to them and can aggravate people with acne prone skin!

Video games can actually be a great stress reliever believe it or not, just make sure they do not interrupt your sleep schedule. If you do not get proper REM Sleep, relaxing won't do much good even if it's something you enjoy.