Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pursuit of happyness

90 - 100% Results Could Be Achievable

Pretty remarkable results. Lasers get so much hate on this forum, glad to see some opposing views of it.

Lasers work for some people, but the hate they get is definitely warranted. For one, they are ridiculously overpriced, carry a lot of risks (including more scars), orange peel texture, etc and the results last 1-5 years depending on the laser and the amount of sessions. I think they may be worth it for anti-aging purposes, but acne scars are a whole different ballgame.

i saw alot of sucess before/after picturess of one man called davin lim he is the same doctor that made all these improvements on these photos he seems to be really skilled

Edited by ajaxz

Davin Lim- He does amazing work! Wish he was in the US! He has some amazing skill!

What do you mean lasers are temporary? I have never heard this:(

Laser results are temporary.

man i think you're wrong

lasers do not do miracle, they remove the top layer of your skin stimulating collagen production on the scar areas

everything in this life is temporary, if u do a co2 laser and got improvements in your scar they will not disappear but after the collagen of laser boost goes away you will see that your skin will not respond like before, but there is no logic here when you say that "lasers are temporary"

your filled scar will not shrink again to a scar again after a while

Edited by ajaxz

man i think you're wrong

lasers do not do miracle, they remove the top layer of your skin stimulating collagen production on the scar areas

everything in this life is temporary, if u do a co2 laser and got improvements in your scar they will not disappear but after the collagen of laser boost goes away you will see that your skin will not respond like before, but there is no logic here when you say that "lasers are temporary"

Lasers itself won't work. http://www.doctorenzer.com/fasula-scar-removal/ . This is the right procedure to do all scar treatments.

man i think you're wrong

Lasers itself won't work. http://www.doctorenzer.com/fasula-scar-removal/ . This is the right procedure to do all scar treatments.

that is not truth too.

laser itself actually do work on acne scars.

the point is that: some scars are to deep and laser cant break scar tissue and some people have more difficult to respond to scar treatment aswel

lasers actually works on scars that is a FACT and you can research around the internet, and on this forum alot of people that got really good improvement on scars just with lasers

the fact that lasers combined with another scars treatment like TCA is better than laser itself on alot of cases dont change the fact that laser itself work on acne scars

stop bullshit and go research before talk stupidity because alot of people in this forum want to go for a procedure and get discouraged because people like u that twists and spread bad information without any basement.

and one last thing, the laser results rely on the professional that are doing and it does matter alot.

Edited by ajaxz

man i think you're wrong

that is not truth too.

the point is that: some scars are to deep and laser cant break scar tissue and some people have more difficult to respond to scar treatment aswel

lasers actually works on scars that is a FACT and you can research around the internet, and on this forum alot of people that got really good improvement on scars just with lasers

the fact that lasers combined with another scars treatment like TCA is better than laser itself on alot of cases dont change the fact that laser itself work on acne scars

stop bullshit and go research before talk stupidity because alot of people in this forum want to go for a procedure and get discouraged because people like u that twists and spread bad information without any basement.

and one last thing, the laser results rely on the professional that are doing and it does matter alot.

I have done lasers before and it only made things worse. Here is another article http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2010/02/23/laser-resurfacing-vs-regenerative-fat-grafting/

man i think you're wrong

that is not truth too.

I have done lasers before and it only made things worse. Here is another article http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2010/02/23/laser-resurfacing-vs-regenerative-fat-grafting/

u cant see that the fact that u did laser and dont get any improvement doesnt mean shit?

i already did laser(co2) and i saw amazing results.

stop, just stop, these articles are ridiculous and the way your brain works to explain things are worse.

ppl like u should be banned from this forum srsly

Just to clarify my earlier post, the collagen induction produced from laser resurfacing IS permanent. The catch is, lasers can't stop you from aging , so as the years go by you lose that newly formed collagen again and scars will resurface (although different than the way they were before). When I say that the results last X amount of years, I'm referring to how long it takes to lose that collagen again. If you have multiple sessions of a more ablative laser you'll have much longer lasting results. Again, great for anti- aging, but personally I think they're over hyped for most types of scarring especially considering how much they cost combined with the downtime and risks.

Just to clarify my earlier post, the collagen induction produced from laser resurfacing IS permanent. The catch is, lasers can't stop you from aging , so as the years go by you lose that newly formed collagen again and scars will resurface (although different than the way they were before). When I say that the results last X amount of years, I'm referring to how long it takes to lose that collagen again. If you have multiple sessions of a more ablative laser you'll have much longer lasting results. Again, great for anti- aging, but personally I think they're over hyped for most types of scarring especially considering how much they cost combined with the downtime and risks.

Well, this is just great to hear. I still have active acne and my skin has been destroyed from years of acne scars. I thought at least one day if I manage to clear up my active acne (doubtful, but I had hope at one point in time) I could get laser surgery or chemical peels to make my skin look good again. But I guess there really is no hope to look like a normal human being again. My active acne isn't going to clear up despite any treatments anyway so I guess I have nothing to worry about. Even though I've looked horrible from acne for so many years I'll never get used to looking like shit.

man, i saw accutane clearing up the most impossible cases that you can imagine

the only bad thing that can happen is that your acne can come back after the course(but less agressive) and you have to make another course of tane

and i think its worth it..

It doesn't mean you can never have decent looking skin, it's just important to weigh the risk/benefit ratio of certain treatments. A lot of people on here have gotten amazing long-lasting results from combining different treatments like subcision/suctioning, micro needling, excision, chemical peels and occasionally lasers too. Lasers just happen to be the priciest option which Is why I'm not a big fan myself. With all of these treatments other than excision, scars are expected to worsen with age again due to collagen depletion but that doesn't mean they will be as bad as they were before. Usually scar tissue is broken up and remodeled following most treatments which, to my knowledge, is permanent.

Focus first on treating your acne, though.
Have you been on Accutane or the regimen? Acne can be treated, so don't give up. It took me nine years to find something that finally worked for me and now I just have scarring to worry about.

Lucas89, on 08 May 2015 - 20:16, said:

Well, this is just great to hear. I still have active acne and my skin has been destroyed from years of acne scars. I thought at least one day if I manage to clear up my active acne (doubtful, but I had hope at one point in time) I could get laser surgery or chemical peels to make my skin look good again. But I guess there really is no hope to look like a normal human being again. My active acne isn't going to clear up despite any treatments anyway so I guess I have nothing to worry about. Even though I've looked horrible from acne for so many years I'll never get used to looking like shit.

Edited by missamua

These are sick results and this is partially why, even with the overwhelming horror stories and risks, I'm still considering some version of laser. This guy, while I'm sure he's not perfect (because lasers are unpredictable), he seems like he knows what he's doing and has a talent for handling lasers, as evidence of some of the cases that show like 90% improvement.

I'm surprised some of the lasers he quoted worked that well to be honest. Quite something, good find. Maybe I should just gamble and roll the dice on fraxel repair.

I noticed a substantial amount of those patients have filler done. It is kind of disappointing, really.

Obviously he's showing only successful cases, but the improvements still look vast, most of them 75-85%. I only saw one that said filler, unless they are using them and didn't indicate it.

In any event, I'm afraid of lasers but what else is there to use nowadays, nothing.

This is mostly a pipedream. I've had many laser treatments, including 4 fraxel repair. The best it can do is even things out a tiny bit by drilling down into the dermis, but it can't regenerate lost tissue. If scars in photos are filled in, it's either filler, subcision, photoshop, or all of the above. The problem with lasers is that they inevitably "thin" out your skin because the lost tissue doesn't come back.

Edited by cycloverid

I would also like to know what is the actual ratio of his successful/unsuccessful cases. But, I agree, as to his successful cases, he does achieve superior results.