Notifications
Clear all

Help! Extreme Anxiety On Accutane

MemberMember
(@peachykeenn)

Posted : 04/25/2015 11:28 am

Hello acne.org community I just started taking accutane and I'm barely on my second day and I seem to be experiencing a lot of anxiety! I wanted to know how to combat this! So if you have any advice please share also for hair loss because before taking accutane my hair just out of nowhere started thinning idk if it's stress or hormonal changes but I'm losing hair like crazy and I can't afford for accutane to make it worse! I'm a 20 year old female!. I'm on 40 mg twice a day. Right now I don't feel so well and I was hoping to get into this with just the dryskin and chapped lips but I'm also very prone to psyching myself out. Do you become more accustomed to accutane? Please help.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 04/25/2015 12:53 pm

hey

first of all i urge you to ask ur doctor before asking people on this site ,,,,,these people including me cant give you a correct answer all we can do is give you our opinion ,,,,,which may or may not be correct ,,,,so never take the word of a stranger over ur doctor ,,,,,I LEARNED THAT THAT HARD WAY

that being said i; also on accutane and i did experience anxiety and i just felt angry all the time ,,,,what helped is making sure i sleep more than 7 hours at night

any less than that i feel very anxious

as in for hair loss ,,,,,my first tough is to limit the times you wash ur hair when it get dry and finally always and always moisterize and drink enough water

good luck

MemberMember
(@danadanadana)

Posted : 04/27/2015 9:18 pm

If you are only on the second day of treatment there is no way the accutane is causing your anxiety. It could not possibly have built up enough in your system to be impacting your mental health. I think you are just paranoid about it and attributing any bad feeling that comes up to the accutane. Don't worry!

MemberMember
(@clarityplease)

Posted : 04/28/2015 7:32 am

I recommend seeing your dermatologist (or general practitioner) about this. The chance of hair loss is positively associated with higher dose (see http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=0378-6323;year=2011;volume=77;issue=6;spage=688;epage=694;aulast=Agarwal, there are more if you do a search). I believe your dose is too high.

Perhaps your anxiety is the result of your fear of side effects? If so, decreasing your dose is a good idea. If not, decreasing the dose is still a good idea if you think it's the medication itself exacerbating your anxiety. Good luck, do what's best for you. I advise you seek more information relevant to your circumstances, and notify your derm.