Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FreshStart2014

Punch Excision

2 minutes ago, somethingsomethingagain said:

I'll just say that your skin has great texture regardless of that minor imperfection. It's cliché but we are our worst critics, no doubt about that, and while I' not trying to undervalue your pain, you still have a beautiful skin!
 

Thank you for responding. The positive energy is appreciated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious if you have a recent picture?  I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you say.  It does sound like the scar is tethered down which is why the filler is going around the scar and not filling it in.  You may benefit from subcision (undermining the scar) or you may be better off leaving it alone.  Subcision has VERY low risk of looking worse off than were you started, however there is a lot of down time (at least two weeks.)
 


where you started I mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fory0608 said:

Just curious if you have a recent picture?  I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you say.  It does sound like the scar is tethered down which is why the filler is going around the scar and not filling it in.  You may benefit from subcision (undermining the scar) or you may be better off leaving it alone.  Subcision has VERY low risk of looking worse off than were you started, however there is a lot of down time (at least two weeks.)
 


where you started I mean
No, it probably doesn't look as bad as I think but BDD has a way of f*cking with your mind.
I've had subcision before and the results were slight at best. Not sure I want to spend any more money.  A better approach might be to get over it...easier said than done. 
Anyhow, here's a recent picture. Same place, similar lighting. No doubt it looks better than it did but it's still indented. And I think the filler just makes it look worse. There is more filler on one side which I believe is creating a shadow at the top. 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks way better!  I would just leave it alone!  i think you have nice skin.  You are lucky that is the only scar you have.  I have similar skin to yours but I have one really really big rolling scar on my right cheek that is much worse that yours.  So really consider yourself lucky.  It could be much worse.  But thank you for sharing your story, it gave everyone valuable insight into punch excision,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fory0608 said:

It looks way better!  I would just leave it alone!  i think you have nice skin.  You are lucky that is the only scar you have.  I have similar skin to yours but I have one really really big rolling scar on my right cheek that is much worse that yours.  So really consider yourself lucky.  It could be much worse.  But thank you for sharing your story, it gave everyone valuable insight into punch excision,

Thank you for the kind words.  I guess we really are our own worst critic. 
Aside from maybe taking some filler out, I'm not going touch my face again!  Lesson learned. 
I wish you all the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the PS today to get the filler out.  He agreed that it looked a bit overfilled at the top and bottom of the scar so he used some hyaluronadaise (sp?) to dissolve some of it.  Then he put in some other type of filler; something a bit 'heavier'.  I can't remember the name right now.  He felt that it was going to work better than the Belotero he'd been using up to this point.  I figured, what the heck...he'll remove it if I don't like it...and he didn't charge me.  Of course, it looks pretty good right now because the area is a bit swollen.  I guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 16, 2016 at 10:54 PM, fory0608 said:

Good luck, keep us posted

 

Thanks!  So far, the new filler (Esthelis) looks a lot better. It's not perfect but I'm not sure that's even possible. All I know is I feel 100x better than I did before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a new pic with the new filler, exactly 2 weeks post. Not the exact same lighting but still under dreadful fluorescents.  I still feel very self conscious about it and the rest of my skin (which is covered in shallow white scarring due to my picking issues) BUT it's better in my eyes. The filler really did make things look a lot worse. 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FreshStart2014 said:

Here's a new pic with the new filler, exactly 2 weeks post. Not the exact same lighting but still under dreadful fluorescents.  I still feel very self conscious about it and the rest of my skin (which is covered in shallow white scarring due to my picking issues) BUT it's better in my eyes. The filler really did make things look a lot worse. 

Your skin looks great! How long do these fillers last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SLSL said:
18 hours ago, FreshStart2014 said:

Here's a new pic with the new filler, exactly 2 weeks post. Not the exact same lighting but still under dreadful fluorescents.  I still feel very self conscious about it and the rest of my skin (which is covered in shallow white scarring due to my picking issues) BUT it's better in my eyes. The filler really did make things look a lot worse. 

Your skin looks great! How long do these fillers last?

I really don't know for sure...likely between 6 and 12 months. Even if it's only 6 months, the improvement is worth it to me. It only costs me $200 so a small price to pay for an ounce of sanity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2016 at 3:01 PM, FreshStart2014 said:

Just wanted to provide an update.  It's been about 9 months since the punch excision and it is the biggest mistake I've ever made.  I turned a small scar into an unsightly mark on my face. It looks like hole with a dark shadow. 
I had Belotero put in 4 times but it just seems to emphasize the scar instead of filling it in.  I'm convinced I can see the filler in some lighting.  I'm actually have it removed on Monday because I can't stand the shadowing that I think it creates.
The PS has been very nice about things; doing the filler for free.  I still feel a bit duped though.  When I went for my first consultation I asked a million questions, including the % chance that the procedure would be a success.  He said 90% so I figured the chances were good.  I even brought my husband to be the voice of reason!  After the fact, when things didn't work out, he tells me that it's a tricky part of the face, etc, etc.  I will always wonder why he failed to mention that at the consultation.  I don't think he's money hungry...this procedure is a drop in the bucket for him compared to boob jobs and tummy tucks.
It's been a very difficult journey, especially with the BDD I suffer from.  I cry about it constantly.  Sometimes I really hate myself for having done something so stupid.  Other times, I'm a bit gentler, reminding myself that looks aren't everything...in fact, they're nothing.  That's just the nature of this disease.  :(
Anyhow, if you're considering punch excision, I would think twice...especially on the cheeks.  You might be one of the lucky ones...but you might not.  Can you live with that?
Good luck to all of you!
 

Oh no.. I had a small punch excision two weeks ago. I am getting the stitch taken out tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank u for the story, I wanted to do pe but not a single surgeon agreed to do it...I understand why more and more..I wish I would have ur skin, u have nothing to worry about, really!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beautyepic said:

I thought punch excisions were used to drain a cyst. Do you still have the cyst or just a “enlarged pore” left from it?

Do some research on punch excisions on Instagram. I had one for an dilated pore and thank God it came out pretty good. Of course, talk to a professional doctor who has experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×