Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoveGreenSmoothies

Accutane, here I come

Guest Scorpioness
I just made my appointment to get accutane! It is in a week and a half. I am so excited.  eusa_dance.gif

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? shock.gif Emma I didn't know you were contemplating taking it. smile.gif Oh well good for you! Make sure you buy this blistex...

user posted image

I tried many during accutane and this was the best imo.

Hey, I am not doubting you at all. Last time we talked you were considering bcps and were wary of them that's all. Feel free to pm me if you think there is anything I can help with.

It's exciting to start it after you've researched it and KNOW you want it, isn't it! I was very excited too. Hell, I'm still really excited and it's been one week today! smile.gif

Good luck with it, keep us updated!

Mae

Frances, I know. I am actually more afraid of the Pill than accutane. I feel it's more dangerous.

Mae, that is exactly how I feel! You have been on it for a week? What is your dosage? How is it going so far? I just want my blood test already! I wonder how long I have to wait to go on it after my appointment...not long I hope. I'm anxious to get started.

hey guys, i just went to my derm yesturday and im goin on accutane in two weeks! im so excited that im finally gonna do it, but im also pretty scared though

thats cool that we'll all be goin on it around the same time! it'll be nice to have people to talk to goin through the same things at first and throughout the whole experience! Well good luck to u guys, and i hope we can talk more!

~B~

Well, I already had my appointment with my Derm and I am suppose to see him this Tuesday (11/16/04) to have the blood work done. I don't know if I'm going to keep my appointment though. I am still very wary of trying Accutane. It definitely helps that there are a few here all going on it around the same time! I think it's a great idea for all just starting it to stay in touch.

I think I'll try this OTC "Acne Free" and go from there.

My biggest complaint is Accutane was made in the 80's (I think), WHY ALL THIS TIME AND STILL NOTHING THAT IS AS EFFECTIVE AS ACCUTANE BUT WITHOUT THE DAMN SIDE EFFECTS!!!!!???? eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifevil.gifevil.gif

Heh... I'm seeing my Derm the 16-11 too.. I saw her the week before (09-11) and she told me that accutane might be the only way out. I did some blood work yesterday (wednesday got the prescription for the blood work, thrusday got the blood drawn, today got the results) and everything seems in working order for da blood.. so i have to bring my results next tuesday and pray that she'll prescribe me the stuff. either way, in italy, we are are really closely monitored (blood tests every 2 weeks, as opposed to every months, or even every other month!) So even if i do have some problems we can catch them early enough not to do permanent damage.

blessed be.

Amedeo

I have an appointment on the 17th. We are all starting the same time! I know my MD will put me on it-he's a big accutane fan. I hope my blood is ok-it has never been bad before. eusa_pray.gif

We'll all have to keep in touch. It will be good to have one another to talk to about it.

Frances, I know.  I am actually more afraid of the Pill than accutane. I feel it's more dangerous.

Mae, that is exactly how I feel! You have been on it for a week? What is your dosage? How is it going so far? I just want my blood test already! I wonder how long I have to wait to go on it after my appointment...not long I hope. I'm anxious to get started.

Hope everything goes well, Emma!

Shouldn't be long before I get on it. It's nice that there are so many others starting at the same time.

lol i think this is so funny, but in a really good way that there are so many people goin on it at the same time!

Emma-the only reason its gonna take two weeks until i can go on it, is cuz i have to get a a letter from my psychiatrist (yea i am already kinda depressed and on meds, so you guys will have to keep an eye on me! please!).

But i think it will be nice to be able to compare everything thats happening at first, cuz its gonna definitely be somethin new and somethin we will all have to get used to for the next few months! And i hope we all get off of it around the same time, cuz it would be really cool and exciting to hear how clear everyone is and stuff! i dont know.....im just excited to finally be goin on it, cuz im just so sick of acne ruining my confidence and not letting me live the life i want to live!

Lets all keep talkin for sure, k!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!

Thanks Paul! Good luck to you too! And how have you been? biggrin.gif

Bella, it IS funny we are all starting at the same time. I am glad. It makes it like an adventure!