Notifications
Clear all

About To Start Accutane, When Will I Start To Notice Results And Side Effects?

MemberMember
(@britney123)

Posted : 04/22/2015 11:03 pm

I'm 16, suffered from acne since I was in primary school (9-10 years old) and in a little less than a week I'm about to start my 10mg of Accutane, I just want to know (from real peoples experience, I do have to booklet but I feel like this kind of thing is a little more 'real' or personal) how long it would take to notice any side effects like dry skin or lips, or how long till I start to notice it getting better, I have rather oily skin and have been using Differam (dry topical cream) for the past month- anything I am to expect or something? :) Thanks - sorry for it being so long

MemberMember
(@tfios22)

Posted : 04/23/2015 8:09 pm

Hey!

I'm 15 and I am just about to start month 4 of accutane (40mg a day). Based on my anecdotal experience so far, I began having really dry lips within two weeks, and they are still very dry till this day. My skin however, just started to get really really dry, and that includes my body too. As for the acne, I only experienced two small pimple like things (two small whiteheads) on my face. One showed up during the first week, and the other showed up yesterday - but it is gone now. Other than that, my face is looking really clear but I do have redness left to deal with. Besides my face, my upper back is continuing to improve.

You may also want to look out for back/joint pain since it is common, especially in teens taking accutane.