Clear all

Question With The Regimen

MemberMember
(@aelexbalke)

Posted : 04/22/2015 12:19 pm

MemberMember
(@kayjaym)

Posted : 04/22/2015 11:49 pm

1. Tell me what your diet is like. Also how old are you? And do you keep active?

2. How much product are you using during one wash session? If you look back at my thread history, youll see I battled irritation issues when I started too. After the first month or so, the irritation subsided. The best thing that helped me was cutting down the amount I used during my wash sessions.

I was cutting the doses of product in half from what is recommended in the face regimen. First off, I didnt need more than 1 pump to have a really good lather with Dan's cleanser. Second, 2 pumps of benzoyl peroxide was too much for my eyes or skin to take. My eyes would burn despite my being very careful to keep it far from my eyes...and my skin also burn a decent bit and would dry out a lot with 2 pumps. At times I couldnt wait for the BP to dry so I could get the moisturizer on to sooth my skin. Lastly, because my skin can get oily after a few hours, I use 1 pump of moisturizer. And if I happen to need a little more, I supplemented with a little jojoba oil or cocoa butter lotion.

These precautions meant I was less irritated, plus the added benefit of having product on hand for longer. But like I said, there's growing pains with the regimen. Id try cutting down a little on what you use during each regimen session. Try that for another month...and if it doesnt work out...maybe the regimen isnt right for you. Remember, all of our bodies are different.