Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey i was on accutane for 5 months about 2 years ago, because i had pits on my face that looked like people shot darts in my face. Accutane truely was a LIFE saver and my skin was clear, going through the whole ordeal really made me appreciate life. But now it looks like I am breaking out again, and I dont know where its coming from and I am scared- I am using regular products to try to control it and I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems after not being on accutane for awhile.

yea accutane did really well, but i have been breakin out lately and im gettin worried. I cant really afford to go on accutane again. Im just wonderin if anyone has a similar story and what kind of medication they use now.

Their are products that you can use before your acne becomes severe. Go to your doctor and see if you can get tazorac. People have had success with this productin with mild to moderate acne. After that it is accutane.

Oh an i almost forgot to mention, give dan's regimen a try...I

Accutane stays in your system for 5 months to 2 or 3 years depending on your body chemistry. The majority of people's acne comes back (if it comes back) within 5-6 months or 1 year. However I have heard quite a few people (including my dad) who's acne came back 2 years later. If Accutane worked really well the first time I highly recomend going on another cycle before it gets worse. I dont see a point in waisting time on other treatments if you know Accutane has worked in the past. I say this because I've had the same thing happen. I went off Accutan and 5 months later I broke out really really bad. My derma said oh its fine fine fine we'll just put you on Differin. So I went on Differin and it got 10x worse! I stayed with it anyways and it didn't do anything so i went on BP didnt do anything.. (a little about my history: I've had acne for 4 years and nothing worked I tried BP (3 times) 3 tetracyclines retin a (2 times) differin (3 times) tazorac (2 times) Accutane and B5) So I'm giong back on Accutane for a second cycle and hopping that works. Given that it worked perfectly the first cycle I doubt it will be less effective.

hey thanks for lendin some advice. I would probably go on accutane again but I cant really afford it (starving student), so I am going to get a doctors reccomendation. I just hope he doesnt tell me to get some prescription gel garbage again, cuz that did nothin for my face before.

hey thanks for lendin some advice. I would probably go on accutane again but I cant really afford it (starving student), so I am going to get a doctors reccomendation. I just hope he doesnt tell me to get some prescription gel garbage again, cuz that did nothin for my face before.