Notifications
Clear all

Always Use A Primer

MemberMember
(@ella88)

Posted : 04/21/2015 9:13 pm

if you have acne the best thing to do after putting your moisturizer on is finding a good primer that suits your skin that way your makeup is not actually going into your pores the primer is like a mask that will help reduce your acne

ansley liked
MemberMember
(@triplen)

Posted : 11/10/2015 7:56 pm

Do you have any primer recommendations for acne prone skin?

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/17/2015 5:32 pm

A primer is not going to help you reduce acne. A primer is almost always made of silicone and so are most foundations. Either you will break out from both of them or you will break out from neither of them.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@rey12)

Posted : 11/21/2015 3:14 pm

I thought if you used a good moisturizer you didn't need a primer?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 12/05/2015 11:42 pm

The cosmetics industry wants us to believe that we need a primer. Why not just find a good matte moisturizer that doubles as a good basis to your makeup? The less stuff you put on your face, the better.

MemberMember
(@jessispano)

Posted : 03/26/2016 1:19 am

I use Palladio primer and Urban Decay Oil Control setting spray and my makeup lasts about 10x longer and doesn't settle into my acne scarring during the day. I would never go back to not using a primer. It makes no difference in my acne better or worse, but the look and last of my makeup is highly improved.

MemberMember
(@llduo)

Posted : 04/17/2016 9:21 am

On 12/5/2015 at 11:42 PM, WishClean said:

The cosmetics industry wants us to believe that we need a primer. Why not just find a good matte moisturizer that doubles as a good basis to your makeup? The less stuff you put on your face, the better.

Which moisturizer do you use?

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 04/20/2016 1:45 am

On November 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM, arte90 said:

A primer is not going to help you reduce acne. A primer is almost always made of silicone and so are most foundations. Either you will break out from both of them or you will break out from neither of them.

Exactly!!! Plus I think primers just make your make up look so cakey. I have tried quite a few different primers and get the same results. I find that using a simple moisturizer with vitamin E is enough to get the job done. Plus, I always set my make up with a setting spray so I don't need the primer to help my makeup last. Don't get me wrong, certain primers are okay, there are tone correcting ones that I like and some do have moisturizing effects, but I don't notice the pore minimizing qualities in any of them. Not even the smash box or other high end primers. idk.. for now i'll stick with just moisturizer until I find a better primer.

MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/20/2016 4:02 pm

i am certainly on the fence in this primer thing because i have found some that did clog my pores and did not hide them lol but there are some that looked good in terms of tone correcting. i use the murad silicone sunscreen and i love it. i feel like it breaks me out if i use a lot.

MemberMember
(@jkaur401)

Posted : 04/20/2016 8:09 pm

The only primer that I absolutely love is by Hourglass, Veil mineral primer. I only use it on special occasions as it is so damn expensive! lol.

I don't use it on a daily basis. I think if you have a good moisturizer and the right foundation, you really don't need it but if you are going to use it, def. use a good quality one because you don't want something to sit in your pores and break you out.