Notifications
Clear all

Best Red Mark Remover?

MemberMember
(@teeoh)

Posted : 04/21/2015 11:08 am

I have beaten acne! I have no active pimples but need to remove the red marks, tretinoin is working too slow and I need them gone by school pictures, here's my progress from February when I started my regimen. What's the best treatment?! Laser ,chemical peels, I have no clue, please help!

post-454238-0-87265600-1429632410_thumb.

post-454238-0-15026900-1429632419_thumb.

post-454238-0-46821700-1429632436_thumb.

post-454238-0-81650000-1429632449_thumb.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/21/2015 3:37 pm

ipl or v-beam. ipl is intense pulsed light so not laser so you might want to try that first. go to a reputable place and get a test spot done to see how your skin reacts and then if everything is ok book at least 3 sessions. you need to have many passes done to get good results. the skin becomes very red once its done and it burns a bit but that goes away after a few hours. sometimes if they use a high enough setting you will have some swelling but that will go away in a few days. there is no downtime really so you can get them done and go right back to work/school and be fine. good luck with everything and congrats on beating acne ;)

MemberMember
(@smartymarty)

Posted : 04/21/2015 3:58 pm

Have you tried using lemon? I hear it is really good for scars but ive never tried it myself. Please report back on results if you are going to try!

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/21/2015 6:30 pm

Have you tried using lemon? I hear it is really good for scars but ive never tried it myself. Please report back on results if you are going to try!

It is a stupid and horrible idea. I've tried it, all it did was make my skin super sensitive to sunlight and lemon hurts like crap on your face. It doesn't lighten pigmentation, the PH level is too acidic all it does is increase sensitivity and redness.

Lyn B liked
MemberMember
(@giselle1)

Posted : 04/22/2015 12:08 am

:)

MemberMember
(@emsizzle)

Posted : 04/22/2015 10:03 pm

metronidazole is an antifungal cream, essentially for jock itch. Not sure that it would get rid of redness that is not associated with a fungal infection. If anyone has tried it I'm curious to know

MemberMember
(@lyn-b)

Posted : 04/25/2015 12:39 am

Without a doubt, topically applied niacinamide was the speediest and most effective stuff I've used for post acne red and brown spots and other discolorations. Olay fragrance free Regenerist Regenerating Serum is inexpensive, has a high level of niacinamide, light, residue free and never, even once, caused me to breakout. I saw a huge difference in just a couple of weeks. I'm shocked at how this is so rarely mentioned in this forum! I was under the impression that niacinamide was widely known to be very effective for skin discolorations.

MemberMember
(@teeoh)

Posted : 04/25/2015 1:50 am

Without a doubt, topically applied niacinamide was the speediest and most effective stuff I've used for post acne red and brown spots and other discolorations. Olay fragrance free Regenerist Regenerating Serum is inexpensive, has a high level of niacinamide, light, residue free and never, even once, caused me to breakout. I saw a huge difference in just a couple of weeks. I'm shocked at how this is so rarely mentioned in this forum! I was under the impression that niacinamide was widely known to be very effective for skin discolorations.

Yes I'm using elta uvmd clear sunscreen(needed to get rid of red marks) which has niacinamide in it!5%, and my moisturizer has niacindamide and some other stuff! It is taking awhile but I have noticed goo improvement

Lyn B liked
MemberMember
(@crunchypie)

Posted : 04/25/2015 9:47 am

Yes I'm using elta uvmd clear sunscreen(needed to get rid of red marks) which has niacinamide in it!5%, and my moisturizer has niacindamide and some other stuff! It is taking awhile but I have noticed goo improvement

How long did it take you to definitely see improvement?

MemberMember
(@teeoh)

Posted : 04/25/2015 2:38 pm

3 weeks

MemberMember
(@crunchypie)

Posted : 04/25/2015 3:29 pm

3 weeks

Nice! Applying once or twice daily?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/25/2015 4:40 pm

http://np.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1tk78i/post_inflammatory_erythema_pie/

• PDL lasers, Vbeam is gold standard and for you cheeks would run less then $100
  • Time
MemberMember
(@stillacne)

Posted : 04/26/2015 4:11 am

I have beaten acne! I have no active pimples but need to remove the red marks, tretinoin is working too slow and I need them gone by school pictures,

Congratulations on getting rid of active acne!

The last photo of you seems to be fine without many really noticeable red marks.

Makeup is always one option if necessary.

MemberMember
(@teeoh)

Posted : 04/26/2015 4:42 pm

3 weeks

Nice! Applying once or twice daily?

Once

http://np.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1tk78i/post_inflammatory_erythema_pie/

• PDL lasers, Vbeam is gold standard and for you cheeks would run less then $100
  • Time

How many treatments?

MemberMember
(@crunchypie)

Posted : 04/26/2015 4:50 pm

I'm hesitant to try lasers after reading so many bad reports... Texture changes, bigger pores...

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/26/2015 6:06 pm

I'm hesitant to try lasers after reading so many bad reports... Texture changes, bigger pores...

Those are associated mainly with ablative type lasers..do research or ask around

MemberMember
(@gaby2000)

Posted : 04/26/2015 9:07 pm

Hi! I dis only one seance of v-beam laser for red marks and I can tell that they are at least 70% less visible. I don't feel that people only see thoses red marks in my face now when they look at me. Before the laser I had this impression but not anymore. I use a 40 fps sunscreen everyday and it helped a lot. For the laser it did not hurt, and my face was red for 3-4 hours but after that almost nothing. You start to see the results after 1 week, and your marks get better and better for a month approximatively. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@naomislifewithacne)

Posted : 04/30/2015 1:57 pm

Have you tried turmeric ?

atari640 liked
MemberMember
(@teeoh)

Posted : 05/04/2015 12:32 am

no but I wish I had tried it when I broke out of it helps, I need something fast

MemberMember
(@naomislifewithacne)

Posted : 05/04/2015 4:19 am

no but I wish I had tried it when I broke out of it helps, I need something fast

Me too, my acne is almost gone but it left me with red Marks' all over my face

MemberMember
(@stillacne)

Posted : 05/04/2015 10:50 pm

As in supplement?

Does it work?

MemberMember
(@naomislifewithacne)

Posted : 05/05/2015 4:39 am

As in supplement?Does it work?

I dont know.. But they say turmeric works good for your skin

MemberMember
(@stormcloud)

Posted : 05/05/2015 9:07 pm

How does one apply or use the turmeric? I'm in the midst of developing a pretty bad red mark as I type this. TIA!

MemberMember
(@teeoh)

Posted : 05/17/2015 4:23 pm

Update,I got a tan even though I used spf 45 sunscreen, blended in my skin with marks pretty good

post-454238-0-97405400-1431897755_thumb.

post-454238-0-52822300-1431897776_thumb.

MiraAlgo liked
MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 05/21/2015 8:28 am

Update,I got a tan even though I used spf 45 sunscreen, blended in my skin with marks pretty good

barely anything left bro good job