Switching From Bp T...

Notifications
Clear all

Switching From Bp To Aha - Problems Without Continual Application?

MemberMember
(@bloop98)

Posted : 04/20/2015 10:15 pm

I am considering switching from bp to aha for my back due to bleaching and time constraints but am very nervous and don't want to mess with a great thing.

Wondering-- I know retinoids must be applied religiously or they will not work, as you will just continually be getting your skin used t othe product. Does aha (and other chemical exfoliants) work the same way? If I use aha on a weekly basis or skip applications a few times will it be hugely less effective? One thin gI like about bp is that even though of course it is more effective to be consistent with applications, skipping applications for a couple days at a time doesn't make a huge difference.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/27/2015 8:38 am

As with most acne medications they do work best when used consistently. If you use them randomly, you may only get random results. The AHA is all that is recommended for mild back/body acne, so if your back acne is under control you can certainly try eliminating the bp and see if the AHA can keep you clear. If not, you can decide if you want to get back on it or not.