Notifications
Clear all

Things That Break Me Out And Why

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 04/20/2015 1:54 pm

Hi

The following items definitely break me out, and some f them are very healthy for you. I see some connection to histamines but any insight is helpful.

I am mostly vegan with some raw goat milk homemade yogurt.

1. ACV

2. Lemon water (lemon lime squeezed in dishes is ok)

3. oranges

4. pineapples

5. conventional dairy.

6. homemade sauerkraut with cabbage garlic and seasalt.

7. some forms of honey (raw organic)

8. walnuts and pecans I am not sure.

I am really suspecting low stomach acid.But I tried ACV and sauerkraut to improve it.

I see dramatic improvements with magnesium, but I dont want to be taking it lifelong as my diet otherwise is really rich in greens etc,

(green smoothies every morning, big green salads before every meal)

Any clues. My severe acne is now mild-moderate with diet and lifestyle changes.

Thanks

Sucheta

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 04/23/2015 4:59 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 04/29/2015 1:22 pm

No replies!! This is depressing!

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 04/29/2015 2:44 pm

1. ACV - ACID

2. Lemon water (lemon lime squeezed in dishes is ok) - ACID

3. oranges - ACID

4. pineapples - ACID

5. conventional dairy. - ACID

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 04/29/2015 8:40 pm

What do you mean by acid?

Do you think I have too much acid?

1. ACV - ACID

3. oranges - ACID

4. pineapples - ACID

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/30/2015 2:02 am

Hello! I'm -practically- vegan too. The thing about some of your recent posts is that you emphasis Vitamin levels and supplementation, but if you were truly sleeping well, drinking water and getting your nutrients from fresh, healthy vegetables, then supplementation would not be so necessary... maybe something else is stoping the absorption of everything. Whenever I find myself 90 to 95 percent clear, I get rid of ALL sugars and breads for up to a month, and then see the 100 percent clear completion. Some of us are just simply so acne prone that these foods can't be eaten every week, maybe not even every month. Most people make the mistake of eating too much fruit.

And as for the acidic levels of the foods you listed above, I am not quite sure if you listen them as what you are doing to HELP our stomach acid, or if it's a kind of supplementation. Can you please elaborate why you are doing these things?

You are doing very well, and I can tell you've done some reading, but if you can start finding out if you really do have low stomach acid by getting rid of anything processed, anything with sugar (even some vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes), and start sleeping more. What you are doing is rumored to, yes, increase stomach acidity, but they can also aggravate you too much if you're not too careful. My first "regimen" on here was juicing vegetables, but after several months I found out that my stomach got so use to it that I could no longer digest foods like salads, potatoes and other green vegetables like peas and lima beans without painfully squeezing them back out in the bathroom.

http://bodyecology.com/articles/low_stomach_acid_symptoms.php

http://empoweredsustenance.com/heal-low-stomach-acid-naturally/

http://www.sott.net/article/265343-The-truth-about-stomach-acid-Why-low-stomach-acid-is-jeopardizing-your-health

http://nutritionfacts.org/questions/nutrition-recommendations-for-acid-reflux-and-barretts-esophagus/

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/alkaline-diets-animal-protein-and-calcium-loss/

Don't forget that vitamins and minerals, such as Calcium and Vitamin D, need each other to work together. You can be in the sun all day, but without calcium the vitamin D won't be as effective as you may like.

JLopez and sustakp liked
MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 04/30/2015 2:08 pm

Thanks TreatAcne for your detailed post. I am very against supplementing if not needed. The only 2 supplements I worry about are VitD and B12. I am brown skinned and my absorption of D is much lesser due to that. I live in San Diego and take walks /run around the canyon behind my workplace every afternoon to help. I do not take D regularly unless I really have not got much sun,

But B12 is what really worries me. I was at the lower end during my last physical, around 300 and had dropped from 500 plus 2 years back(when I became almost vegan). I have been a vegetarian all my life(dairy and eggs earlier).

I wake up at around 6:15am and in bed by 10pm. Latest by 11pm.

My diet is as follows:

1. green smoothies
  2. some old fashioned oatmeal if hungry
  3. almonds (5-6), brazil nuts(2) pumpkin seeds and 1 date.
  4. lunch green salad, lentils , brown rice and cooked veggies.
  5. fruit(usually 1 pear) and maybe some home made goat milk yogurt.
  6. dinner -green salad and beans soup.

If I follow the diet above I have no breakouts. I add in a supplement for b12 I break out. I eat any of the triggers mentioned above I break out. Being brown my hyperpigmentation scars linger forever. So even if I am clear for a while I do not look clear...:P

I can avoid all the triggers above but I really worry about my b12 levels.

I will go through all the links you posted.

Thanks once again

Susta

ReneeAwen liked
MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/30/2015 8:20 pm

Thank you for elaborating on your supplementation, I feel the same way about vitamins. If I ever had to take a Vitamin D pill I would, and as for B12 I've never actually worried about it before. I don't take any pills for it and never had a deficiency.

NutritionFacts.org is an awesome website with some great scientific and natural research. He comes out with movies on youtube as well as plenty of blogs. Here's a page with Vitamin B-12 information:

*Mod edit*

It seems like your ok, and don't worry, I struggle with hyper pigmentation scars too. Just look at the pictures in my gallery... many spots you see have been sitting there for weeks to months. I don't do anything for them but maybe I should. The best healing is prevention, so when I get a pimple or cyst I try to remember to put lotion on it so as to soften the skin and heal it much better and faster.

-----

EDIT: I 'm guessing Acne.org doesn't want me to post youtube videos anymore? Or was it the website they belonged to? I assure everyone I do not spam or post anything risky, so... yeah...

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 05/07/2015 6:56 am

In a nutshell, yes.

What do you mean by acid?

Do you think I have too much acid?

1. ACV - ACID

3. oranges - ACID

4. pineapples - ACID

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 05/07/2015 11:16 am

After researching some over last weekend I strongly feel I have a high histamine issue.

ACV, Sauerkraut, citrus, tomatoes, strawberries all point to that.

I will be following a low histamine diet for a while and try to research more on how to improve histamine intolerance.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 05/08/2015 4:23 am

Also take an anti-histamine daily and see how you react. I advise against it but if you're going down that route to prove a point...

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 05/08/2015 3:03 pm

I really do not want to take a chemical right now. I have spent over the last 2 years trying to heal my gut and body by not ingesting any aspirin, ibuprofen , antibiotics or anything else. I do not want to change that by taking any benadryl etc.

I am going to work on my stomach acid which seems to be a biggy and probably digestive enzymes.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 05/10/2015 12:50 pm

Good man.

MemberMember
(@jac98)

Posted : 05/17/2015 8:58 pm

Walnuts and pecans are both very high in omega 6 which can lead to inflammation. Balance your omegas.