Notifications
Clear all

Getting Accutane Prescription...

MemberMember
(@viarech)

Posted : 04/20/2015 10:42 am

Hello guys,

I have been battling acne for decades - my face is mostly clear from acne, but I have extremely oily skin and enlarged pores with lots blackheads - My current dermatologist is out of state and she has agreed to prescribe Accutane, or the genetic stuff, but she mentioned I have to go in person for a visit in order to be placed on that medication.

My issue is that the docs I have seen in my area will NOT prescribe the med - they are against the medicine altogether.

Does anyone here know a doc that works with Accutane in the Philadelphia, south jersey area?

Thanks very much for your help!

post-464592-0-22195600-1429544332.jpg

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/20/2015 11:45 am

Accutane due to the serious side effects is typically only prescribed as a last resort for the most severe acne when all other treatment options have failed, which is why most derms will not prescribe it for mild acne. Lots of threads, posts, etc. on the various side effects members on here have reported, including male impotence even after discontinuing Accutane. The benefits should outweigh the risks, so consider very carefully if they do in your case.

MemberMember
(@stillacne)

Posted : 04/20/2015 10:35 pm

According to my GP, only dermatologist can prescribe Roaccutane/Accutane, at least in Australia. It took me almost a year just to get the prescription.

MemberMember
(@kwrhl)

Posted : 04/24/2015 1:50 pm

I would kill to have your problem. I am on accutane right now and I have an army of pimples on my face, chest, arms, and back!! Be grateful with your skin!! Take other stuff like Benzoyl Peroxide or some antibiotics!!