Notifications
Clear all

Body Acne And Sex

MemberMember
(@itsrc)

Posted : 04/20/2015 7:52 am

Hi guys!

i've been on 2 courses of accutane and sadly its just came back, i will be going for a third round in 2017 (should be last and hopefully cure)

My question is, i have severe body acne .... on my chest, back and shoulders oh and my arms (some dried ones too that will probably not fade). How does one even have sex? i'm too enbarresed, i don't have a gf currently but just in general what would i do? ask her if i can keep my shirt on... cause not all girls will like to see a guy that has body acne.

I'm currently using a soap (cuticura) for my facial and body acne, it really dries my skin up. but i do have oily skin.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@hide123)

Posted : 04/20/2015 5:50 pm

About 5 years ago when I was in high school I had mild acne on my shoulders, now it may have been due to me being a teenager and all and that's why it's gone now, but I do remember what I used to make it better and have not had any problems since (again, some of that may be due to me growing out of it)...

Anyway the product is Aloe Vera soap bar from The Soap Works. Sounds simple, but sometimes that's the most effective. Its all natural, gentle, and isn't harsh on the skin. I still use it today as it leaves my skin super smooth and soft. Anyways, its not an acne product per se, but if you can get your hands on it I would definitely give it a try, plus its really cheap (3$ Canadian).

Although my back/shoulders are clear, i still get the occasional pimple, especially around the time of the month since i'm a girl, so what I use when that happens is a spray called "Glytone Back Acne Spray" that I found randomly and thought, why not? It works really well and it's even made so you can spray upside down! The only downside is that it smells strongly of chemicals when you spray it on. You can get it on Amazon for like 20 bucks or something like that.

Another trick that you may want to try (i've never tried it myself but have had friends who swear by it) is putting baby powder on your back to absorb oil. Now i would try it maybe on a small area first just to make sure it doesn't exacerbate the problem by irritating your skin or something. Everyone is different and what works for others may not work for you.

In terms of the sex issue...if you're not comfortable taking your shirt off then just don't. And if the girl is being a bitch about it, then do you really want to sleep with her? Especially if its just a casual thing.
But if you're comfortable with it, tell the girl why you don't want to take you shirt off. If not, and you still want to give her a reason, just tell her you have a really big bruise or a sunburn or something?

Ultimately its up to you and what you are comfortable with. And don't forget, acne does not define you, the only way it does is if you let it (I know that may seem like bullshit, and I don't blame you, but maybe give it a thought)

I hope this has helped you even a little :)

MemberMember
(@brigitta)

Posted : 04/21/2015 11:27 am

Hello below is the set up I have been using for 3 months now. So happy to finally be on top of my spots. It is so worth the effort.

No dairy products

Drink plenty of water

Drink matcha green tea or regular green tea instead of coffee/energy drinks/black tea

Use PureChimp Super Cleanser

Use brown instead of white. For example brown rice instead of white rice.

Cut down on sugary foods

Exercise at least 3 times a week

I hope this helps you. After 3 months I found its easy to follow & its just all a good habit now.

MemberMember
(@itsrc)

Posted : 04/22/2015 3:45 am

I'm starting to drink water now days, as for energy drinks its hard because i have them before training ...i need it for the energy. I also notice if i have a cappachino i get a pimple ...its so hard lol :/