Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whit7974

Give it a Shot

Today marks 5 months for me on Dan’s Regimen. I just wanted to post my experience on this board and encourage anybody considering it to try it out.

I’m a 30 year old male who has struggled with moderate acne since age 16. As a teenager and into my early 20’s, I was on antibiotics and topical medicine such as Retin-A. I stopped the medicines in my mid 20’s and thought I had grown out of it, as things looked to be under control. Unfortunately, at age 29, it came back with a vengeance.

I spent long nights searching the internet for a solution, even trying mail-order antibiotics since I didn’t want to go to a dermatologist. These helped for a little while, but acne would flare-up soon after the drugs ran out. I knew this wasn’t the answer, so I tried tanning. Again, this seemed to work short term, but if I didn’t go at least twice a week, stuff would just pop up again. In May of this year, I finally found Dan’s website and decided to start it up. It seemed to make a lot of logical sense, and the cost was a lot cheaper than other methods I’d tried.

I now follow the Regimen every single day, without exception. My face has steadily improved and I actually feel confident about talking to people once again. I will occasionally get a stray pimple here or there, but the BP seems to knock it down within a couple of days. The best part is not having to stress about how my face looks every minute of the day. I just do the Regimen in the morning and evening, and forget about it.

To those of you just finding this site or beginning the Regimen, give it a chance. Your face will feel dry, scaly, red, and/or itchy for a couple of weeks, but the result is well worth it. Also, don’t skip on the moisturizer. I think maybe that’s more important than the BP treatments!

Good luck to anybody who finds this site. And thanks to Dan for making it possible.

Congratulations biggrin.gif . Just a quick question:

Does the moisturiser make your skin look greasy?

Just wondered cos I'm maybe gonna start using bp gel but I'm not keen on using a moisturiser so if I could avoid using it, that'd be great.

The moisturizer makes my face look & feel a little greasy for about 5 minutes, then it goes away. I'm using Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15.

From my experience, I'd highly recommend it. The few times I tried to go without it, my face was dry and flaky all day.

So, I'll trade 5 minutes of greasy feeling for not flaking all day! biggrin.gif

The moisturizer makes my face look & feel a little greasy for about 5 minutes, then it goes away.  I'm using Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15.

From my experience, I'd highly recommend it.  The few times I tried to go without it, my face was dry and flaky all day.

So, I'll trade 5 minutes of greasy feeling for not flaking all day! biggrin.gif

that's so awesome to hear, whit7974! congrats to you!! eusa_clap.gif i've been on the regimen for a little over a year myself, and i get some stray pimples now and then, but for the most part i'm clear! eusa_pray.gif except for those dagnabbin' red marks eusa_doh.gifeusa_boohoo.gif But anyhoo, congrats again to you and i wish you more and more success!! wub.gif