Notifications
Clear all

Infini Acne Pit/scar Treatment

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 04/18/2015 7:43 am

Okay so here's my story...

Having had clear skin throughout my teenage years I thought I was out of the danger of ever having problematic skin... Oh how wrong I was... So I started getting mild acne on my forehead, at that time I made a big fuss over it, so off I went to get the NLite and the chemicial peel done at the Private Clinic on Harley street. Paid ALOT of money for the courses and ended up with acne all over... From my experience The private clinic was the worse experience ever!

So I ended up with horrible skin, fell into depression. Hated the mirror! Stopped going out and started isolating myself etc.

I tried a ton of over the counter product, expensive and cheap ones, nothing really helped (thankfully online shopping existed)...

Went doctors and didn't feel like anything they prescribed me helped. The conception pills actually made it worse for me.

My face, I guess it went through a great bashing since I was using all types of rubbish on it. Even used a product that ended up burning my skin lol. I was so desperate to find anything that worked.

So in 2011, I decided to go visit a chinese doctor, Dr.Li in Harley street. I can't exactly remember how much I paid but lol these treatments surely don't come cheap. So with Dr. Li, I underwent through accupunture, cupping, drinking chinese herbs and some medicine thing that she puts on my face. I went there without high hopes but thought if it didn't work at least there wouldn't be much side effects. Surprisingly it worked for me, after two to three months and I can happily say till today my skin is still going good... I stopped going to see her after my skin improved and haven't been back since.

Today my face regime is very simple face wash, tone and moist, all for sensitive skin and I stopped using any harsh products which helped alot. I changed my face products to Korean brand and founded they worked on me best. I still get the monthly occassion 2-3 spots due to hormone, lol which can not be helped.

Anyways so I had clear skin for almost 4 years, So here is the real reason for posting a message. Even though I managed find a way to clear my skin, I ended up with tons of acne pits, forehead,cheeks and chin. I have finally found the courage to go to another clinic and seek "professional" help for these little devils...

I went for a conslutation on Thursday at the PHI Clinic in Harley street. I paid £50 which is redeemable if you choose to have a treatment. My conslutation was with a lady called Jodi, she seemed really nice and knew what she was talking about (but don't they all, when they want your money? Lol)... Anyways I knew that no product in this world will get rid of pits so I decided to go with her recommeneded treatment a course of 3 infini... I paid a ouching price of £2100 and will have my first treatment next Tuesday. I am abit skeptical about it all but I really would like to "improve" my acne pits (since perfect smooth, flat skin is unrealistic). I would like to share my infini journey with you guys... For good and for worse.

Hopefully I didn't bore you guys with my sob story...

My left and right cheeks have moderate acne pit scarring. I am not too bothered with my forehead and chin since they are not as bad as my cheeks and the scarring on them doesn't really bother me as much. My main aim is to improve the pittings on the cheeks.

Next week Tuesday, I shall show how it looks after treatment and then so on. Nervous about it but I will just stick it out. No pain no gain, apparently it does hurt...

post-464093-0-96588400-1429360970_thumb.

post-464093-0-18743500-1429360985_thumb.

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 04/21/2015 12:49 pm

I went for the Infini today and omgosh it freaking hurts!!! It felt like someone was using a stapler on my face...

The treatment was about 15mins long, it felt like time couldn't pass fast enough, the pain was so bad. I was proud of myself since I sat through it without any breaks. I just wanted to get this over and done with.

I had to arrive early to get numbing cream put on my face, sat in one of their clinic room for about 50-60mins.

They have free wifi which was good. While waiting for my face to numb I just texted away.

My face hurts like mad. I look like I have a bad allergy reaction or sun burnt...

I do not know how I feel about this... I hope this treatment works but I sort of expect it to fail, like everything else.

Aftercare, Jodi told me to not wash it for about 24 hrs, in two days then I can apply some mineral makeup and any cream that isn't strong.

Swelling should go down after 3-4 days. It of course will be sensitive and I may feel abit of heat. My face will crust, so I guess it's just wait and see and hope I see A LITTLE bit of improvement...

Here are some pics of my face, this is taken about a hour later.

post-464093-0-75286800-1429638527_thumb.

post-464093-0-86845300-1429638538_thumb.

post-464093-0-87174000-1429638548_thumb.

post-464093-0-31803000-1429638560_thumb.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 04/21/2015 1:26 pm

I went for the Infini today and omgosh it freaking hurts!!! It felt like someone was using a stapler on my face...

The treatment was about 15mins long, it felt like time couldn't pass fast enough, the pain was so bad. I was proud of myself since I sat through it without any breaks. I just wanted to get this over and done with.

I had to arrive early to get numbing cream put on my face, sat in one of their clinic room for about 50-60mins.

They have free wifi which was good. While waiting for my face to numb I just texted away.

My face hurts like mad. I look like I have a bad allergy reaction or sun burnt...

I do not know how I feel about this... I hope this treatment works but I sort of expect it to fail, like everything else.

Aftercare, Jodi told me to not wash it for about 24 hrs, in two days then I can apply some mineral makeup and any cream that isn't strong.

Swelling should go down after 3-4 days. It of course will be sensitive and I may feel abit of heat. My face will crust, so I guess it's just wait and see and hope I see A LITTLE bit of improvement...

hey i really dont want to sound like a downer but the infinity treatment at best will temporarly may get rid of your pits you have mainly ice pick scarring i no from your post you when to the phi clinic so it may be worthwhile seeing if they will they do the tca cross method instead which they offer any improvement from this will be for life or alternatively excision of your worst scars. I just dont like seeing memebers have such high hopes and in the end being disappointed

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 04/21/2015 1:39 pm

hey i really dont want to sound like a downer but the infinity treatment at best will temporarly may get rid of your pits you have mainly ice pick scarring i no from your post you when to the phi clinic so it may be worthwhile seeing if they will they do the tca cross method instead which they offer any improvement from this will be for life or alternatively excision of your worst scars

To be honest... After going for the treatment I didn't feel happy about it... I kind of expect after my 3rd treatment, when all the swelling goes down and my face fully heals, my skin will return back to normal with all the pits etc... But I still want to give it a go, otherwise I will never know. I ain't going to put much hope into it, I learnt from my mistake when I went for the Nlite and chemical peel.

I know these clinics are money hungry. This treatment only took 15mins of their time and costed me 750 lol so it's all quick and easy money for them.

I have a feeling that this course of Infini isn't permanent... If this treatment doesn't help, I will never bother with another clinical treatment again. I waste money, time and go through pain and it is annoying when there's no result. Even if it's just a little I would be happy but like I said I expect any good result would be temporary.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 04/21/2015 2:52 pm

hey i really dont want to sound like a downer but the infinity treatment at best will temporarly may get rid of your pits you have mainly ice pick scarring i no from your post you when to the phi clinic so it may be worthwhile seeing if they will they do the tca cross method instead which they offer any improvement from this will be for life or alternatively excision of your worst scars

To be honest... After going for the treatment I didn't feel happy about it... I kind of expect after my 3rd treatment, when all the swelling goes down and my face fully heals, my skin will return back to normal with all the pits etc... But I still want to give it a go, otherwise I will never know. I ain't going to put much hope into it, I learnt from my mistake when I went for the Nlite and chemical peel.

I know these clinics are money hungry. This treatment only took 15mins of their time and costed me 750 lol so it's all quick and easy money for them.

I have a feeling that this course of Infini isn't permanent... If this treatment doesn't help, I will never bother with another clinical treatment again. I waste money, time and go through pain and it is annoying when there's no result. Even if it's just a little I would be happy but like I said I expect any good result would be temporary.

i take it the you had the chemical peels and n lite at the private clinic did they recommend that for your ice pick scars? And ye the clinics on harley street are all about money they have to pay there rent some way. Infini isnt permanent from what i understand it tightens the skin, this tightening effect should last a few months though. Bloody hell 750 is huge is this per treatment? just curious but was your consultation at the phi clinic with the docter himself or someone else?. I have been doing research myself for quite some time and this summer i will be booking in to get my ice scars excised i believe i finally found a excellent plastic surgeon so it my be worth looking at that or the tca cross after your infinti treatment beat best of luck definetly do keep us all updated on your progress.

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 04/21/2015 3:30 pm

When I went to the private clinic I actually didn't have much scars. I only had abit on my forehead but after the nlite and chemical peel, I started getting acne all over my face. After it was hard for me to trust another so called "proffessional".

750 is actually discounted price because I got a course of 3. First and second treatment it will cost me 750 each and 3rd one 600. And yes it is bloody expensive for a 15mins treatment. I can't believe I am paying that much to be stabbed in the face by needles.

I think that's why I feel down even after having the treatment, I am 80-90% sure that this will only last a few months and I am thinking to myself is it worth it? To pay that much money and put myself through so much pain for something that will only gain me few months of "okay" skin and then what? I go back to having ugly scars and get disappointed and most likely upset about it even more since I will have bad skin and minus 2100 which I could have used to go on a good holiday.

Please let me know once you go meet your surgeon and how it all goes. Could you give me a little info on what you are thinking to do to help your scarring?

I will keep posting how the progress go, not feeling happy about it all though... I tried looking around for info on the Infini online but there's not much about it.

Maybe the best option is cut of all the skin and sew on a nice new skin from another part of the body onto the face lol. If only it was that easy, I would have happily done it.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 04/21/2015 4:27 pm

When I went to the private clinic I actually didn't have much scars. I only had abit on my forehead but after the nlite and chemical peel, I started getting acne all over my face. After it was hard for me to trust another so called "proffessional".

750 is actually discounted price because I got a course of 3. First and second treatment it will cost me 750 each and 3rd one 600. And yes it is bloody expensive for a 15mins treatment. I can't believe I am paying that much to be stabbed in the face by needles.

I think that's why I feel down even after having the treatment, I am 80-90% sure that this will only last a few months and I am thinking to myself is it worth it? To pay that much money and put myself through so much pain for something that will only gain me few months of "okay" skin and then what? I go back to having ugly scars and get disappointed and most likely upset about it even more since I will have bad skin and minus 2100 which I could have used to go on a good holiday.

Please let me know once you go meet your surgeon and how it all goes. Could you give me a little info on what you are thinking to do to help your scarring?

I will keep posting how the progress go, not feeling happy about it all though... I tried looking around for info on the Infini online but there's not much about it.

Maybe the best option is cut of all the skin and sew on a nice new skin from another part of the body onto the face lol. If only it was that easy, I would have happily done it.

of course i will be documenting my journey but wont be starting until mid June as i have university exams coming up. ok for my scarring because i dont have a ton of ice pick scars i will be getting excision( where the ps cuts out the scar and sews it back up which will leave a thin line scar behind like the line on the top of your knucle. Also because i suffered hypopgiementation i will be doing a non autologous meloncyte transplant to bring back the colour. Try not worry to much wait till your intrecell treatments are done then evaluate your next step dont feel down my scars make me unhappy as well but the best step first is to do lots of research then put together a plan of how to go ahead. Just curious but what sort of improvment did they say u could expect after completing the package?. Also it appears you have alot of redness so look at vbeam by getting rid of the redness trust me your scars will look a lot better.

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 04/22/2015 2:15 am

You are right, my cheeks are always very red.

The lady who does my face also did advise the vbeam to me. She said the next treatment she will use abit on me. Their price for the vbeam is about 250 each treatment.

Sorry, could I ask if the Vbeam results are permanent and is there any risk to it?

Jodi said the results varies because everyone heals differently but by the 3rd treatment she said I will definitely notice a little improvement with the scarring, the least. She took pictures too, so we can compare at the end of the 3rd treatment. I reckon maybe my forehead would heal okay since the scarring is very mild but like I said my forehead is the least of my worries.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 04/22/2015 5:01 am

is the infini a radio frequency type of treatment you got?

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 04/23/2015 5:47 am

Hello Celaya,

Yes it is, has some kind of red beam each time my face gets stabbed with the little needles. Definitely not a laser, the lady who done me said it was a radio frequency.

Do you know any info on this treatment? Like the effectiveness and are results perm? I can't seem to find alot of information on it's long term effectiveness or any indepth info for that matter.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 04/23/2015 6:17 am

Hello Celaya,

Yes it is, has some kind of red beam each time my face gets stabbed with the little needles. Definitely not a laser, the lady who done me said it was a radio frequency.

Do you know any info on this treatment? Like the effectiveness and are results perm? I can't seem to find alot of information on it's long term effectiveness or any indepth info for that matter.

hey i think i already said the results arent permant they last a few months but they can be good

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 04/23/2015 8:13 am

Here is some info. on it MsBubbleTea

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 04/23/2015 12:38 pm

Sorry, the link doesn't work.

Okay so Tuesday was the day I had my treatment and today is Thursday. It's been two days and this is how my face looks...

My skin currently feels tight and abit dry. I used aloe vera gel which is 99% and 1% is preservative. My face doesn't hurt, the surface of course feels horrible, I have tons of tiny dots all over my face from the needles puncturing my skin. The redness is still there but it isn't as bad as when I came out of the clinic. Still abit swollen I guess.

I heal really slow and quite bad... I always get scarring and they take agessss to disappear (months).

Two spots has came up, one half a pea size under my chin and one pea size on my cheek.

I have no clue if I am supposed to look like this... She did say after two days I could wear makeup and go out but lol with all these dots I doubt it makeup will cover them up properly. So lucky me I am able to stay in for a few days. I will take another pic on Tuesday and post it on here. Fingers crossed my skin heals alright, looking at my face right now isn't making me excited or happy about anything. I keep expecting the worst to happen (and that's for my face to stay like what you see in the picture forever).

post-464093-0-11864000-1429810666_thumb.

post-464093-0-45126100-1429810686_thumb.

MemberMember
(@numan)

Posted : 04/23/2015 1:28 pm

Hello MsBubbleTea,

Thank you for starting a photo journal about your progress. I think it is an important driving factor in this subforum and provides raw insight into scar treatment. Unfortunately, I did not go through with the full regime of my RF treatment, so I do not know the extent of the effectiveness of the treatment. However, I do know that a few of my ice pick scars softened into boxcar scars, which are supposedly more treatable.

Regardless, do continue updating us about your progress. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@vicky83)

Posted : 04/27/2015 4:37 pm

MsBubbleTea,

Do you have any updates on your treatment with Lutronic Infini since its been about a week? Do you feel that your acne scars have improved or do you just see holes all over your face and still redness post-treatment?

I am thinking of getting this done myself as Ive done fraxel several times in my past over several years with some improvement.

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 04/28/2015 5:24 am

Thank you for the encouragement NUman, I hoped to give people as much insight of my personal experience of the Infini.

Hello Vicky83,

As I said above I will show how my skin is on Tuesday, so here's my pictures.

So most of the scabbing from the needle holes has come off but although they have come off, I have been left with tons of tiny holes where the Infini has stamped. I am feeling a tiny anxious about my face since I have no clue if my skin is suppose to look this way after the scabbing has come off. I hope my skin is still in the healing process... I would not know what to do if I ended up with tons of tiny needle pitted scars all over my face (even the places that were clear from scars) instead... I know how my body heals from skin damage and it is reallyyyy slow, or it heals and always leaves a scar, like I said above I keep expecting the worse...

It is all a waiting game for me now, waiting for all the needles holes to close and go down... I hope that this is what is going to happen... My face currently looks like I have been stabbed with a fork all over. I don't even know if I am concern about my acne pits at this moment...

I don't know if you can see the needle pits on my cheeks and chin in the photo but the picture of my forehead you can see some of them because of the lighting. My whole face is currently cover with those. I am concern those are here to stay...

post-464093-0-77321500-1430216601_thumb.

post-464093-0-60632800-1430216629_thumb.

post-464093-0-72927400-1430216640_thumb.

post-464093-0-07045100-1430216654_thumb.

post-464093-0-01353500-1430216667_thumb.

post-464093-0-44426900-1430216676_thumb.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 04/30/2015 4:42 am

MsBubbleTea, Sorry about the link. Try typing the entire link I gave you to your browser and click enter. It should work. Apparently from what the Dr. said this is best Radio Frequency out there in the market.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/01/2015 4:45 am

Thank you for the encouragement NUman, I hoped to give people as much insight of my personal experience of the Infini.

Hello Vicky83,

As I said above I will show how my skin is on Tuesday, so here's my pictures.

So most of the scabbing from the needle holes has come off but although they have come off, I have been left with tons of tiny holes where the Infini has stamped. I am feeling a tiny anxious about my face since I have no clue if my skin is suppose to look this way after the scabbing has come off. I hope my skin is still in the healing process... I would not know what to do if I ended up with tons of tiny needle pitted scars all over my face (even the places that were clear from scars) instead... I know how my body heals from skin damage and it is reallyyyy slow, or it heals and always leaves a scar, like I said above I keep expecting the worse...

It is all a waiting game for me now, waiting for all the needles holes to close and go down... I hope that this is what is going to happen... My face currently looks like I have been stabbed with a fork all over. I don't even know if I am concern about my acne pits at this moment...

I don't know if you can see the needle pits on my cheeks and chin in the photo but the picture of my forehead you can see some of them because of the lighting. My whole face is currently cover with those. I am concern those are here to stay...

hey how is it looking know have the holes healed up

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 05/01/2015 6:10 am

Well, they ain't red anymore and all scabs are gone but I still have the small holes all over my face. To see the holes my face has to be in the light at a certain angel. Still not happy with it though. Makes it seem like I have bad skin all over my whole face instead of just my cheeks before the treatment. Sighhhh!...

Hopefully I will see improvements as days go by.

I started taking some vitamin supplements C, E, D, Omega 3, Zinc, A. I also started using some organic vitamin E cream. Still waiting for results... Hopefully they do something to help lol.

I have decided to contact the lady abit later on today. I am going to ask her it is normal the way my skin is now and if they will eventually go away.

I paid for 3 treatments and only have gone for 1 and if I don't heal from this I will have to think of what actions I want to take from there. I know this treatment isn't a miracle but for the amount of money I paid the least I would want from it, is no effect/no results, I would have rather that than be left with skin that is worst.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/15/2015 10:27 am

Well, they ain't red anymore and all scabs are gone but I still have the small holes all over my face. To see the holes my face has to be in the light at a certain angel. Still not happy with it though. Makes it seem like I have bad skin all over my whole face instead of just my cheeks before the treatment. Sighhhh!...

Hopefully I will see improvements as days go by.

I started taking some vitamin supplements C, E, D, Omega 3, Zinc, A. I also started using some organic vitamin E cream. Still waiting for results... Hopefully they do something to help lol.

I have decided to contact the lady abit later on today. I am going to ask her it is normal the way my skin is now and if they will eventually go away.

I paid for 3 treatments and only have gone for 1 and if I don't heal from this I will have to think of what actions I want to take from there. I know this treatment isn't a miracle but for the amount of money I paid the least I would want from it, is no effect/no results, I would have rather that than be left with skin that is worst.

hey any updates any changes in the pits have u healed well?

MemberMember
(@definedbyscars)

Posted : 05/16/2015 4:06 am

My advice would be to always see a specialist deratologist. having seen beauty therapists before and have my skin be made much much worse i will never see a therapist again.

theres a reason seeing dr patel is 200 and a therapist is essentially free the risks against the money is just not worth it for me anymore

I would say its still very early since your treatment so stay upbeat and i look forward to seeing the end result. did you look into the spectra peel/laser?

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 05/19/2015 10:59 am

Okay, here's a update of my skin. I have made a appointment to see the lady who done my treatment on Monday. She said she is going to give me something for the needle lumps, they still are there and has gone down a little.

I don't plan on going for my 2nd Infini until these lumps are gone, I do not want to add more rubbish onto my skin. I will update again in about two to three weeks. Fingers crossed we'll see some improvements.

As for the acne pits... I have no clue if there were any improvements...

My advice would be to always see a specialist deratologist. having seen beauty therapists before and have my skin be made much much worse i will never see a therapist again.

theres a reason seeing dr patel is £200 and a therapist is essentially free the risks against the money is just not worth it for me anymore

I would say its still very early since your treatment so stay upbeat and i look forward to seeing the end result. did you look into the spectra peel/laser?

I am skeptical about lasers and peels because I heal slow and scar super easy. I had bad experience with a chemical peel before and it's left me abit anxious trying any peels as for laser I don't know if I will heal well. I don't have the courage to have a laser treatment. My skin is taking long to recover from pin pricks so I can't imagine how long my face will take to recover from laser lol.

post-464093-0-81820800-1432050272_thumb.

post-464093-0-68811200-1432050281_thumb.

post-464093-0-15589500-1432050293_thumb.

post-464093-0-25518600-1432050302_thumb.

post-464093-0-51656700-1432050312_thumb.

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 05/26/2015 10:48 am

Today I started noticing tiny little micro dots (needle indents) on my face.

I called the PHI clinic and made a appointment to see Jodi on the 8th of June. I didn't see her last time as I was busy.

So far I haven't seen any improvements on the pits and now added to my collects of acne pits maybe needle pits.

Not feeling happy about this treatment at the moment and have no clue what to do.

There isn't much info around about this treatment, especially the bad effects of it, so I don't even know if these are perm or not. I did speak to Jodi briefly over the phone, she told me that they will go but I do not have no faith in her right now.

Currently feeling abit insecure about my skin.

MemberMember
(@eagle1)

Posted : 05/29/2015 10:31 am

Interesting article from a Dr. Steven Weiner in Florida about Infiniti

https://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/coagulation-is-necessary-for-maximum-skin-tightening-science-and-experience-prove-this-infini/

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/29/2015 2:49 pm

Today I started noticing tiny little micro dots (needle indents) on my face.

I called the PHI clinic and made a appointment to see Jodi on the 8th of June. I didn't see her last time as I was busy.

So far I haven't seen any improvements on the pits and now added to my collects of acne pits maybe needle pits.

Not feeling happy about this treatment at the moment and have no clue what to do.

There isn't much info around about this treatment, especially the bad effects of it, so I don't even know if these are perm or not. I did speak to Jodi briefly over the phone, she told me that they will go but I do not have no faith in her right now.

Currently feeling abit insecure about my skin.

i hope it gets better