Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImperfectTeenBoy

Help! Can't Identify The Severity Of My Indented Acne Scars.

I have an acne scars on my cheeks. I don't know the severity level and not sure if it's rolling or boxcar. See my picture below. It's started when I break out with cystic acnes. It was a nightmare for me. So, I started to treat it with Retin-A (the one that is available over the counter), It's my nightly regiment for 3months to date. and Kojic Acid soap (the one with Coconut oil) since then. so far, my acne cleared up but not the scars. That's why a month ago, I add Baking Soda on my treatment. 1 use it 2-3 times a week because I felt comfortable with it. So far, the discoloration is improving, in the other hand, can't see any improvements on the scar itself. btw, I also take Vitamin C 500mg everyday. Plus I also tried Vitamin E oil. I used it for only 1-2 weeks bec I can't stand the smell and the greasy feeling.

Should I continue this treatments? If not, what treatments/ other home remedies should I try to? I can't afford to go to derma because I'm just a 17 year old, and a student. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

post-464249-0-10531900-1429360164_thumb.

Edited by ImperfectTeenBoy