Notifications
Clear all

10Mg A Day Of Accutane?

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 04/17/2015 9:39 am

Hey all!

Today I am going to start taking accutane for the first time! I have read over 150 reviews on this product and I can't wait to start it!

My dermatologist says I will need to be on accutane for 1 year at the incredibly low dose.

I am not looking forward to the side effects and the initial break out, but I guess it I finally have clear skin in the long run that it will be worth it!

If you would like to know any questions or follow my progress I am happy share everything with you all! I would not feel so confident about going through a course of accutane if It wasn't for this website!

MemberMember
(@danadanadana)

Posted : 04/21/2015 7:48 pm

You might not have a bad initial breakout with 10mg per day. I did a full course of accutane (60 mg per day for 5 months) and had the WORST initial breakout of my life that lasted months. A few years later, I did 3 years of 20 mg per week and had absolutely no initial breakout. I think the higher doses cause a worse reaction, so your low dose may not!

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 04/23/2015 7:22 am

I have a few new pimples so far, I am hoping it doesn't get much worse. But I haven't had any side effects yet and it's been 6 days now. Still oily face, no dry lips or anything. The only thing I have noticed is that my skin is more sensitive like if I scratch myself with my nails it hurts more then it used to: but so far so good. Thanks for replying!!

MemberMember
(@danadanadana)

Posted : 04/23/2015 8:08 pm

I have a few new pimples so far, I am hoping it doesn't get much worse. But I haven't had any side effects yet and it's been 6 days now. Still oily face, no dry lips or anything. The only thing I have noticed is that my skin is more sensitive like if I scratch myself with my nails it hurts more then it used to: but so far so good. Thanks for replying!!

My oil went away around 4 weeks- so it may take a little more time! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 04/27/2015 3:35 am

10 days now and I have never had this much big pimples on my face. I hope this is the intital breakout so I can get it over and done with so it can start to clear. Face is peeling and flaking and it is painful. That is the only side effect I have had. Not really any dry lips and still have oil. Still so long to go

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 04/29/2015 7:51 am

hey im on 10 mg per day too

day 65

i did have an intial breakout ....where i broke out everyday in the first month or so

any other question feel free to ask

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 04/29/2015 6:33 pm

How long until you stopped breaking out and started seeing results?

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 04/30/2015 7:13 am

How long until you stopped breaking out and started seeing results?

well the first time around i stopped getting acne ,,,,like no more acne no matter how much junk food i eat was in the fourth mounth alltough i upped my dose to 20 mg in my third and fourth mounth

you just need to be patient ,,,,the drug will work for most people even on low doses,,,,,My strategie this time around is trying to eat healthy untill i notice that the drug is starting to take over (it takes time to accumulate) and after that .....i hit the closest fast food place hhhhhh

this is my personal thing.....but most people just eat whattever they want no matter what ....at the end i guess everyone will be clear

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 04/30/2015 5:46 pm

I eat pretty healthy all the time anyway, my skin was never really bad. I just had lots of little pimples on my forehead and a few on my jaw. Now I have so many on my jaw yet on my forehead there has been maybe 1 new one lol. My face feels like sunburn lol.

My derm said that after 2 months I will go up to 20mg too.

I go on holiday in June and I hope it is some what better :( or atleast if I could wear make up lol.

I am taking my antibiotics as well(without my derm knowing) seeing if that speeds up the progress

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 05/01/2015 2:29 am

I eat pretty healthy all the time anyway, my skin was never really bad. I just had lots of little pimples on my forehead and a few on my jaw. Now I have so many on my jaw yet on my forehead there has been maybe 1 new one lol. My face feels like sunburn lol.

My derm said that after 2 months I will go up to 20mg too.

I go on holiday in June and I hope it is some what better :( or atleast if I could wear make up lol.

I am taking my antibiotics as well(without my derm knowing) seeing if that speeds up the progress

my advice is to never take something whitount telling your doctor ....it could be dangerous

dont be in a hurry ....accutane will clear your skin in a few months from now ....i did have a pretty bad intialx breakouts ...like 1 or 2 pimples a day ...i was depressed all the time but thats how the drugs work ....just let it do its job and be patient ...i know its hard but it so worth it at the end

im not sure of antibiotics are bad on accutane but imagine how you'll feelx if they were and ur blood test result came out high and you had to stop accutane or something like that ....be smart and be patient are the keys to survive accutane ...trust me i know

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 05/01/2015 2:45 am

I am pretty healthy like not low on anything. My GP gave me thumbs up that's how good I am. The antibiotics are only 50mg.

I just can't handle it I don't even want to go out of the house or anything

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 05/01/2015 5:43 am

I am pretty healthy like not low on anything. My GP gave me thumbs up that's how good I am. The antibiotics are only 50mg.

I just can't handle it I don't even want to go out of the house or anything

the final choice is yours

just a final advice from a 2 time accutane user

dont make choices with your hearth ....but with your brain

i learned that hard way and yeah stay hydrated inside and out

MemberMember
(@positivelypositive)

Posted : 05/01/2015 3:48 pm

Yeah, I don't know if this is a good idea. Not telling your doctor and all. I actually just want to take 10mg a week and see how that goes for me in regards to oil. I have very little acne compared to what I used to have a year and a half ago thanks to the Regimen, but the oil still pisses me off. I'm hoping there will be no initial break out if I start this... otherwise I might just say screw it and not go on it at all.

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 05/03/2015 6:53 am

Okay I took both your advice and stopped using it, my face is still breaking out with about 2 pimples a day and my blackheads are looking worse and worse everyday. I hope this stops soon. I am on day 16 I think. My face looks horrible I have never had this many pimples at one time ever. I am getting very self conscious to the point I don't even want to go to the shop to get groceries. I am even too worried about how I look that I am not going to my friends 21st this weekend.

As to the oil, my face is still oily!! My lips are a little dry and my skin is flaky/peely. Feels like my face is sunburnt. That's the only side effects.

I am going back on my anti-depressants as well. Hopefully they will help me a little bit with being anxious to leave the house.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 05/03/2015 9:22 am

Okay I took both your advice and stopped using it, my face is still breaking out with about 2 pimples a day and my blackheads are looking worse and worse everyday. I hope this stops soon. I am on day 16 I think. My face looks horrible I have never had this many pimples at one time ever. I am getting very self conscious to the point I don't even want to go to the shop to get groceries. I am even too worried about how I look that I am not going to my friends 21st this weekend.

As to the oil, my face is still oily!! My lips are a little dry and my skin is flaky/peely. Feels like my face is sunburnt. That's the only side effects.

I am going back on my anti-depressants as well. Hopefully they will help me a little bit with being anxious to leave the house.

thats exacly how i feel when i start breaking out ...i dont want to leave the house or do a thing ....but thats how accutane works ...you will have clear days where you'll think that ur cured and u'll have bad days where you just want to sleep untill u die but as long as ur taking this drug ,,,,,a day will come where you'll stop getting breaking out for good .....your only task now is to survive untill that day and for most people that day is in their third or fourth month

mine was in the fourth month in my last round hopefully yours will be closer

good luck for both of us

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 05/03/2015 4:47 pm

I am just going to keep pushing on. I just have to remind myself of the end result. I haven't had clear skin for 10 years now. The day I have clear skin I think I might have a party hhaha.

Good luck to you too! Hope it all goes well and we are both clear soon enough!

MemberMember
(@scaredbutexcited)

Posted : 06/09/2015 7:39 am

I am at day 53! Forehead is now clear, everywhere else is still bad, on day 61 I start at 20mg hopefully my skin clears soon!