Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone else ever used Neosporin on a zit. I have been doing that lately and it really helps speed up the healing process. Just wanted to share.

SMILE EVERYONE! biggrin.gif

Neosporin is really good just, just be careful. It may clog pores. So put to start out only put a dot onto the one pimple. Do not rub it all over you face. Also to test, rub it on one spot of ur face everyday for a while and if a pimple comes up then u know not to use it everywhere.

Guest Tracy
discovered months ago.. nice though trying to take the credit

Guest Zitro

I use Neosporin to "pre-cysts" and it really helps. It also helps on my cysts if they are less than 5mm in diameter.

Guest Zitro

Also, it is absolutely necessary after I get my facials (comedome extraction) to prevent infections, then I guess it will be helpful for anyone who popped a cyst and wants to cure it.

I use Neosporin when I have to pop a spot (and I try really hard not to because it can scar) because it will help it heal faster.

I was recently in a car accident where the air bag took a huge hit at my chin, and I had to wear a bandage over it for a week keeping it moist with Neosporin, and when I took it off - my chin felt ridiculously good lol it felt so f**king smooth, wow. I really have no clue how it works on acne, haven't tried it yet, but as far as facial therapy for comfort goes - DAMN. Good feeling. Never has any portion of my face felt so <i>soothed</i>.

Neosporin is also great at clogging pores. A zit can take 1-2 weeks to form. You won't notice it right away, but that same spot in a few weeks may break out again.

If you want to fade a scar or blemish, use either an alpha hydroxy lotion, or a retin-a based cream/gel.

you should really use an antibiotic gel or cream that's aimed for acne. you can get it prescribed to you by a doctor. neosporin is extremely over used in the u.s....

by the way, pika, what a stupid thing to say! you didn't "discover" using neosporin for your acne, people have been using it for acne since it came out....

you should really use an antibiotic gel or cream that's aimed for acne.  you can get it prescribed to you by a doctor.  neosporin is extremely over used in the u.s....

by the way, pika, what a stupid thing to say!  you didn't "discover" using neosporin for your acne, people have been using it for acne since it came out....