Notifications
Clear all

5 Day Water Fast Experiment!

MemberMember
(@1free4ever)

Posted : 04/15/2015 8:18 am

Hello everybody! :) So today I started my water fast. Before that I was on a strict paleo diet for 11 days and it didn't help my acne. Anyways I'll keep being on a paleo diet after this fast... If you have some experience with fasting please feel free to share it here!

Day 1 - started the fast about 16 hours ago. Still have inflammation and those bumps are still itchy and painful. Will see what happens next and keep you posted! :)

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/15/2015 9:06 am

Hello everybody! :) So today I started my water fast. Before that I was on a strict paleo diet for 11 days and it didn't help my acne. Anyways I'll keep being on a paleo diet after this fast... If you have some experience with fasting please feel free to share it here!

Day 1 - started the fast about 16 hours ago. Still have inflammation and those bumps are still itchy and painful. Will see what happens next and keep you posted! :)

Just my opinion and because I've been dealing with acne for a long time and all these different experients to clear skin. Also because I don't like people abusing their health/body. I don't see how fasting is going to help you. Your body needs the right nutrients to function properly, if you're only consuming water, you're starving your body of basic needs. Eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and exercise. Unless you have actual food allergies something like this is not going to help. The rest is up to your skin care regimen. If you want to get technical, I could actually explain more reason as to why a water fast could cause even more acne because it's too much stress on the body, especially the heart, which will in turn raise cortisol levels in the body which can result in even more breakouts.

rainbow7 liked
MemberMember
(@1free4ever)

Posted : 04/15/2015 9:26 am

What about this guy?

MemberMember
(@jaures)

Posted : 04/15/2015 12:38 pm

Curious to see the result, please stay safe thought.

MemberMember
(@kay789)

Posted : 04/15/2015 8:57 pm

No experience with a deliberate fast, but when I got the stomach flu and basically didn't eat anything for a week, my skin never looked better!

There is research to show that significant restriction of calories seems to provide acne relief, but it's not sustainable, so I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Please make sure someone in your in-person life knows you are doing the fast, and be careful!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/15/2015 10:37 pm

Don't do it. It will only weaken your immune system. Drink vegetable juice and get a good multivitamin..if not accutane.

MemberMember
(@1free4ever)

Posted : 04/16/2015 2:34 am

Day 2 - Still have inflammation and the bumps haven't gone away yet...

Yesterday had a headache. Hope to see an improvement tomorrow!

MemberMember
(@rainbow7)

Posted : 04/16/2015 2:42 am

Dont do it. Just drink plenty of water and eat nutritious food such as sweet potatoes, almonds, avocados, tomatoes, broccoli, kale, blueberries etc. if u will eat rice...it better be brown rice or add some quinoa.

If u just drink water, your acne will get worst and also harm your health. Trust me I tried it and it was horrible.

If u eat healthy u might detox first meaning u will break out so wait few months but it will be worth it.

Also please avoid milk and soy. Sooooo important.

MemberMember
(@1free4ever)

Posted : 04/16/2015 2:53 am

Why does everybody keep saying that? :| A lot of people tried this fast and their acne went away but as soon as they started eating it came back. That's why I'm going to continue the diet after the fast.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/16/2015 3:52 am

I got clear with low dose accutane, vegetable juice, yoga and vitamin supplements. Much better.

MemberMember
(@1free4ever)

Posted : 04/16/2015 3:57 am

I got clear with low dose accutane, vegetable juice, yoga and vitamin supplements. Much better.

How long did it take you to get clear? Did you eat chocolate, candy and junk food? As for accutane I try to avoid it because I heard acne comes back after you finish taking it and also it has side effects...

MemberMember
(@rainbow7)

Posted : 04/16/2015 4:05 am

Have you tried Dan's regimen by the way?

MemberMember
(@1free4ever)

Posted : 04/16/2015 4:53 am

Have you tried Dan's regimen by the way?

No. What is it? I'm 18 and I have been having hormonal acne since I was 14 but it wasn't that bad as it is now.

MemberMember
(@rainbow7)

Posted : 04/16/2015 8:24 am

The regimen that was created by Dan who is also the founder of this website (acne.org).

Go to the homepage acne.org and click "The Acne.Org Regimen.

3step: Cleanser, Benzoyl Peroxide and Moisturizer. Be sure you watch the video how to use it. If u follow the regimen and be gentle with ur skin IT WILL WORK. All the people i told them about The acne.org regimen it work for them. Goodluck!

MemberMember
(@1free4ever)

Posted : 04/16/2015 9:00 am

I won't be able to try his regimen since I'm not in the US...

MemberMember
(@kay789)

Posted : 04/16/2015 8:44 pm

Wanted to address something - you said you tried the Paleo diet for 11 days. 11 days is not usually long enough to see effects from diet. It varies from person to person, but lots of people will say it takes at least a month.

Second, a Paleo diet is certainly in the right direction, but an acne-free diet is more complicated than that. It's about nutrients, and blood sugar stabilizing, and eliminating foods you are intolerant to. See alternavista's pinned thread for lots of great information.

But most importantly, since you say your acne is hormonal - many people, myself included, found that diet alone is not enough to manage acne. I like this post on hormonal acne = It's full of great advice! Also, if you're a female, spironolactone has been nothing short of miraculous in many cases of female hormonal acne.

MemberMember
(@rainbow7)

Posted : 04/16/2015 9:31 pm

You can order it through amazon.com. They ship worldwide. And i myself also not in the US