Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Else Drinks A Lot Of Tea During The Day (Important Finding)

MemberMember
(@suferer)

Posted : 04/15/2015 4:18 am

I was a heavy tee drinker for a long time and I always had skin problems, I finally stopped for two weeks after realising that my friend (who had zero acne) is eating almost the same food but he never drinks any tea (where I used to drink it literally after every meal)

and now my skin is incredibly clear, the finally straw to do this was finding that green/black tea can affect DHT hormone quite drastically (supposedly it reduces it, which should be a good thing for acne, but my acne was always terrible while drinking lots of it so it can't be true, unnaturally lowering dht leads to more estrogen in men, etc.)

So vote please, let's see if this is widespread

My regimen:

Vitamin A, C, Selenium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, magnesium malate, Iodine from kelp

Occasional n-acetyl-cysteine, n-acetyl-carnitine, omega-3

Any of those things could have improved my skin too because I started taking them around the same time when I stopped tea

I found that I was breaking out from inorganic potassium fluoride really hard (found in multivitamins, minerals) but when I started taking organic iodine this was not even an issue, not a single new acne sport (300 mcg per day) and I have more energy, better skin. (I am not sure if it's really about organic iodine form or just that potassium iodine is bad)

p.s. also apparently green and black teas not that negligible amount of fluoride which is one of the culprits in some acne theories

Lauryn7 liked
MemberMember
(@danadanadana)

Posted : 04/21/2015 9:34 pm

I feel like my skin looks better when I drink a lot of green tea.

MemberMember
(@flowersfornina)

Posted : 04/22/2015 9:44 pm

When I was in high school, I was completely free of acne (unfortunately it came back with a vengeance now that I'm entering my 20's),

Anyway, I drank green tea every single morning those four years and I'm definitely sure I never broke out because of it. If anything, it made my skin look better and it made me feel better too. Maybe it's a specific type or brand of green tea?

MemberMember
(@samdoesntlikeacne)

Posted : 04/23/2015 9:53 am

Where you drinking tea with milk in it? It could be diary products that made your skin have acne.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/24/2015 10:19 am

I drink green tea only very occasionally, but I do drink coffee with cream once a day. Cream probably isn't good but I have tried and tried and can never seem to give up coffee for good, lol.

MemberMember
(@lauryn7)

Posted : 04/27/2015 2:16 pm

I have heard this theory before but never thought anything of it. Since I stumbled across this, it got me thinking more about the correlation between tea and acne...specifically black tea.

I have ALWAYS been a heavy iced tea drinker and have ALWAYS struggled with acne. I'm going to cut out tea for a month and see what happens. I'll let you know if it works for me.

suferer liked
MemberMember
(@burgsch)

Posted : 04/28/2015 5:45 am

I drink a lot of tea any my skin is neither worse nor better after. I just notice I may be more "red" or get some hot flush but it is more due to fact tea is warm than that it is tea itself.

I drink black, green, fruit teas.

MemberMember
(@suferer)

Posted : 05/09/2015 12:42 pm

I drink a lot of tea any my skin is neither worse nor better after. I just notice I may be more "red" or get some hot flush but it is more due to fact tea is warm than that it is tea itself.

I drink black, green, fruit teas.

It can take a few weeks or more to after completely stop drinking teas and notice an effect from my experience