Notifications
Clear all

Makeup For A Guy

MemberMember
(@skate123skate)

Posted : 04/10/2015 11:43 am

Okay so I have moderate acne on the sides of my face ONLY. Like my cheeks and temples , I really would like to cover this up because I'm starting a new job soon and don't want to deal with it. I do Have a couple questions ..

What are good brands that won't clog pores ? I read about make up that helps fight acne while covering it ? Anyone try these out?

How long will it hide the acne for ? I don't want to have to re apply it multiple times considering I'll be working 12 hour shifts ..

What do I need ? A concealer. ? Powder ? Both? Tell me everything I need I never tried this and have no idea about it ..

MUST LOOK NATURAL. If someone finds out id be so embarrassed .. I have pale skin

MemberMember
(@skate123skate)

Posted : 04/10/2015 12:03 pm

Help..

MemberMember
(@stillacne)

Posted : 04/10/2015 12:09 pm

Is your skin oily? Does your acne very red or dark?

If you have oily skin, chances are you will need to re-apply it.

I started with just concealer, works well, and no one noticed.

These days, I usually wear foundation to give more even look. Most people don't notice it either.

The key to looking nature is: don't apply too much, and blend in (to your skin tone).

MemberMember
(@skate123skate)

Posted : 04/10/2015 2:00 pm

Is your skin oily? Does your acne very red or dark?

If you have oily skin, chances are you will need to re-apply it.

I started with just concealer, works well, and no one noticed.

These days, I usually wear foundation to give more even look. Most people don't notice it either.

The key to looking nature is: don't apply too much, and blend in (to your skin tone).

it's somewhat oily but nothin out of control , it's more normal then oily . Theyare red pimples kinda bright Id say. Do u know a. Brands that won't clog pores

MemberMember
(@lilianware)

Posted : 04/10/2015 2:26 pm

I can not recommend Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Makeup Camouflage for Face and Body enough, it has given me great confidence, very light on the face but with the most incredible coverage, it's made for people with very very bad scarring, varicose veins or pigmentation. It's also dermatologist tested and does not irritate your skin. I've used A LOAD of makeup brands in my ten years of acne and this is a life saver. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 04/11/2015 12:06 am

Hey,

The most important thing is to make sure you match your skin exactly. Best thing to do is try and test it on your neck, not your hand. I try lots of stuff but always end up liking Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin. I think it looks really natural, it lasts, and they make Colorstay concealers to go with it and they are pretty great. It's non comedogenic so it shouldn't clog pores as long as you wash it all off at night. It says 24 hour wear but you never want to really wear it that long. I think if you are going for natural you probably don't want to use the acne fighting ones, which are limited shades and look cakey (I think). They also contain such a small amount of salicylic acid that they don't do all that much.

To make it look really natural I mix foundation with aloe gel cause (most people don't do this) I think foundation is so cakey by itself. Then bend it really well. With the concealer, I think way too much comes off on the wand so I dab a q-tip on the wand and use the q-tip to cover darker spots. Then you make sure you blend that well and sometimes need a couple of layers of concealer. Make sure you are in good lighting and check different lightings to make sure you are ok. Sometimes you look really good and then you get outside and see that you're all streaky and the color is all wrong. So you might want to practice and get it perfected before you actually go in to work. I also think Clean and Clear blotting tissues are a must if you have oily skin and wear makeup. You don't have to keep reapplying makeup but every time you go to the bathroom you might blot so your foundation doesn't become obvious looking. If you just wore concealer only on spots you would avoid this problem. It's hard to tell without seeing a picture.

Anyway. Hope that sort of helps.

PS. I REALLY avoid tiny sparkles in makeup because it makes it really obvious you're wearing makeup. It accentuates acne, illuminates large pores, really, only people with perfect skin should wear sparkly shit. Revlon Colorstay does not have any but if you go with other stuff I highly recommend looking it up on makeupalley.com and seeing if people say the product does. Sometimes it's really hard to see it in the store so I always make sure I can test it.

MemberMember
(@stillacne)

Posted : 04/11/2015 9:22 am

For a guy to look nature with makeup is not that difficult. Just foundation and concealer should do the job, of course you need to match your skin colour.

I use matte gel type foundation as it is less likely to drop (to my shirt) etc.

I don't have a good brand to recommend. I started with ones at chemists, then now I use Chanel (Perfection Lumiere (Long-wear flawless fluid makeup)) from department store.

To wear makeup for long, generally most (good) makeup shouldn't be a problem, however you have to consider other factors such as sweating environment and/or the need to re-apply sunscreen.

Ask the saleslady at makeup counter, they know how to make it look nature. No need to be embarrassed as there are many guys wearing makeup these days.

(I wear makeup on almost daily basis, occasionally I even have my nail polish on.)