Notifications
Clear all

Foamy/bubbly Urine While On Accutane

MemberMember
(@accuanne)

Posted : 04/08/2015 10:26 pm

So I've been on Accutane (Zenatane) for almost two months now. Height: 5'2 Weight: 125lbs. First month I was put on 20 mg and since all my blood work came out fine after the first month, my Dr. boosted me up to 40mg for my second month. However, I started urinating with bubbles before I got upped to 40 mg. I did bring it up to the nurse that initially evaluates me but when the Dr. came in, she addressed all other side effects except the foamy/bubbly urine and I didn't bother bringing it up again, as I thought it was pretty harmless. To be honest, I stopped paying attention to my urine after that but for the past week, I have been noticing it is bubbly every single time I go to the bathroom. I decided to look it up and a lot of the articles go back to indicating kidney failure. Anyone else having this problem or something similar? I called my dermatologist but all I got was "that's not a side effect of Accutane", very vague answer. My dr. hasn't been the best so I don't want to go by just her answer. I am going to my general doctor on Friday but I just wanted to get some feedback from any Accutane users also experiencing this.

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 04/10/2015 12:40 pm

Have you ever had a UTI (urinary tract infection)? Most people get other symptoms than the cloudy/bubbly urine (burning, frequent urination) but sometimes you can have an infection without noticing symptoms much.

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 04/12/2015 6:19 pm

Well I'm a guy so when we stand up and pee ours is always bubbly not sure about girls... Since you're closer to the toilet.

MemberMember
(@accuanne)

Posted : 04/12/2015 8:40 pm

Have you ever had a UTI (urinary tract infection)? Most people get other symptoms than the cloudy/bubbly urine (burning, frequent urination) but sometimes you can have an infection without noticing symptoms much.

Yes, I've had a UTI before and cloudy/bubbly urine wasn't a symptom then. Now all I'm experiencing is the bubbly urine, no other symptoms - no burning, no empty urges to urinate, no back pain, nothing. I also read somewhere that drinking too much water might affect the way kidneys function (which I drink about 8-10 bottles of water a day) but I'm not sure if that in any way can correlate with the bubbly urine.

MemberMember
(@tric94)

Posted : 10/13/2015 10:49 pm

I am on accutane 30mg 3rd week of my second month. At the beginning of my 2nd month my derm upped dosage to 60 mg a day but after a constant headache for a week im back down at 30 mg a day im 21 5'6" and 130 lbs. I just noticed bubbly/foamy urine today also. Im seeing my derm on oct 27 2015 and will ask but please update this after you meet your family doctor! It would be much appreciated. Ill update as well:)