Notifications
Clear all

Is It Me, Or Do Alot Of The People Who Say That They Have Acne Dont Look Like They Have Any Acne Whatsoever In Their Profile Pictures

MemberMember
(@andrewb2222)

Posted : 04/07/2015 8:47 pm

like their skin looks completely clear???

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 04/08/2015 12:48 am

Magic of photoshop! ;p

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 04/08/2015 9:44 am

and it's all degrees, some people here will have one or two whiteheads and while it's never fun, you think....really???? you'll never scar, and that's your definition of severe acne???

so it bothers everyone for sure, but for those veterans of severe cystic acne, sometimes it's hard to be sympathetic....but yeah I know just what you mean!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 04/08/2015 12:55 pm

dude, y'all - heads up that's not me in my profile picture. That's Marilyn Monroe.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@nubecita)

Posted : 04/10/2015 5:55 pm

In this picture, my face was pretty clear with a few spots but I edited out the spots. I almost always do if it's going to be my profile for a social media. Now that I have changed my regimen, my skin is the complete opposite: whiteheads all over

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@oswaldtherabbit)

Posted : 04/12/2015 2:45 pm

I find that a lot with the actual accutane logs/youtube videos. Im sitting here with full blown acne over my entire body, and there'll be some girl on accutane for like two whiteheads on her forehead...

If two whiteheads is what you consider 'ugly', then I must just be outright hideous. It's kinda offensive imo.

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 04/12/2015 6:22 pm

For some reason this thread reminds me of the time I was working at a summer camp and we hosted a camp for amputees, and some above-the-knee-amputees were sitting around late at night talking about how much harder they had it than the BK (below-the-knee) amputees.

Not to say that it wasn't true in some respect - because prosthetics for AK are vastly different than those for BK, and having knees is great if you're an amputee...

But my point is that acne is a personal battle and the psychological effects can't necessarily be measured by the severity of the acne. I feel like we all need to stick together on this board cause the world around us can be cruel!

Yola4, Kay24, snowflake01 and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 04/13/2015 2:27 pm

Don't have a profile picture of myself up here and I'm not too big on taking selfies in general but yeah... why would anyone want to post a picture of themselves that they look poorly in? For me my acne isn't severe, it's more moderate but it's definitely very persistent and I have a problem with picking at my skin which makes it look/seem a lot worse to me... trying to work on cutting back on the popping/picking. But yeah, I'm a girl so I can testify that makeup really can do wonders for covering acne. Also as of late I've been somewhat reluctant of taking photos of myself because my skin was at it's worse a few months ago... it's starting to get better thanks to the regimen, currently not so great ATM but that's solely my fault due to me being stupid and picking at my face aha so all of the photos I have of myself would be from when my skin was in a better state.

But seriously... makeup really can do wonders in this department lol, lighting as well.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/14/2015 2:44 pm

My photo is 10 years old, pre mid-30s cystic acne, plus I am wearing massive quantities of makeup to hide my marks and enlarged pores. But yeah, there's no requirement that scar/acne photos have to be used as avatars, nor should there be. It's just an icon to identify you on the boards and not meant to be acne-related unless you want it to be.

But my point is that acne is a personal battle and the psychological effects can't necessarily be measured by the severity of the acne. I feel like we all need to stick together on this board cause the world around us can be cruel!

Excellent point, Siribai! :)