Notifications
Clear all

Moderate Acne, Gut, Which Therapy?

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 04/07/2015 5:16 am

Hello everybody!! I am an Italian girl, 25 years old, I am writing on this forum as I am getting obsessed by my recent break out :Ive always had, since I was 14 ,a Moderate acne, on my chin, and a more important acne on my back. I had also on my chest but growing up it has become very mild and most of the time this part is clean. Now, I never really cared about my face because it was moderate And I did not want to spend money on dermatologists, BUT in the last 2 months it has got worse, pimples do not disappear, there are a few on my cheeks and pimples on the chin leave red spots and they keep on appearing everyday and it NEVER happened to me, before they used to stay some days and leave without red marks It also itches where I got pimples (skin seems dried) and I also have dermatitisit, is depressing me.

I have an healthy diet, I am intolerant to lactose and I do not eat meat since 2011. I eat vegetables, fresh and dried fruit, fish. One year ago, I started having a lot of gut problems, no matter what I ate (no pain but gas and especially persistent soft stools, sometimes diarrhea if I eat legumes or lactose or drink alcohol)the fact is that:

1) before, even if I knew I was intolerant to lactose I sometimes used to eat cheese and it was ok, unless I exceeded in quantity. I ate legumes without ANY problem. Problems with legumes began suddenly!I dont eat no dairy food at all now.

2) since 3 weeks I am on an homeopathic experimental cure (based on aloe and other plants) from my gastroenterologist for my gut problems, I have done a lot of exams and analysis but nothing came up. I am also trying to eliminate gluten from my diet (Im thin but I am trying to eat law insulin foods, I also drink green tea and dandelion)

3) I saw 2 dermatologist in 2 months, as the first one really disappointed me and gave me an aggressive mask and cleanser for my skin. The second one proposed two types of Cure, one is topics+antibiotics+probiotics and the second option is, to my surprise..isotritonein for 4 months!!!!! I didnt expected it!Now I want to try the first cure but I am afraid to go on antibiotics as it could aggravate my gut situation, but i have no choice and it seems to me that it's not the right time to start isotretinoin in this season, also I am sure there is a connection between my gut and the worsening of my acne, why doctors do not care about that?even if they admit the connection may exist, they do not know what to suggest.

Everyone has a different idea and I am forced to pass my time reading websites, articles, forums, to try understanding something!

I would love to cure my body and skin from the inside and not repress its manifestations (I think acne is that), I would love to know what Food is bad for me (or whatever is the problem with my gut since one year) and avoid isotritonein.

Now I am asking you which therapy do you suggest? I am afraid that it can get worse and that vitamins A is the best solution, but I never tried antibiotics and maybe I can give them a chance!

I attach my photos, sorry if my English is not perfect:)

post-461899-0-27789600-1428401367_thumb.

post-461899-0-54367300-1428401393_thumb.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/07/2015 5:33 pm

Please look for a functional medicine doctor near you

They cured me, and they focus on the gut, look for dr mark human on YouTube

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 04/07/2015 5:49 pm

Hi jond! Thank you for answering , I'll check the video.

Which was your gut problem eventually? How did you cure it?

Was it a food intolerance?

I am sometimes sure that it is, but don't know which food has aggravated so much my situation....:(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/10/2015 10:28 am

Hey! And they did a comprehensive stool test , and urine, and many blood tests, there are three main gut infections, candida, parasites and sibo, I had candida, I was low on glutathione, and I had many nutritional deficiencies, and I had no good bacteria, I had hives all over my face and I'm good now thank god, my face is clear now, so I know you can get better, conventional medicine has failed bad, all they want to do is cover up the symptoms, but yea this is the website to find one, the testing is very expensive so be ready

https://www.functionalmedicine.org/practitioner_search.aspx?id=117

Make sure to check the box to the right so you get a certified doctor

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 04/23/2015 5:13 pm

Hi !

I would be very interested in talking to a functional doctor, actually i am looking for one in the town i am living in right now, but it seems there are not so much. But there are some in Italy, thought. The fact is i've spent so much money and talked to so many doctors for my gut issues that I can't anymore.

I am so depressed, but I would love to be more positive about my situation and think that its not that bad and that it's just a moment, that it will go better.

But you know, in a few weeks I will have to start the antibiotics therapy my dermatologist gave me, and I am so worried about it, so worried about giving new trouble to my gut, my flora, my body. I should be positive and think that it will work but I know it will be temporary and that it can be bad for my health.

I am so sick about doctors that don't think about the causes, but want just to cure the symptoms.

What if I demage myself more with antibiotics, while I could have cleared my skin just by finding the cause and healing my gut? who should i ask to?

I am checking videos, forums, articles, interviews and it's driving me crazy. So many people found the cause of their acne and fixed it (a food, or something else...) and others stil have it until their 40's! others developped bad acne and others dind't fix it at all with antibiotics!!!

maybe reading this stuff is just making me feel worst, even if my face acne is not that bad,,.i am just too scared that it will get worse and that's what really depresses me...

Anyway I had A LOT of tests already, for Candidas and bacterias too......nothing came up...........don't know about my nutritional defencies...

did you cured yourself by drugs or diet?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 05/07/2015 4:54 am

Hello everybody,

I write here because i am really sad at the moment. I can't stand the situation anymore...the right side of my face is awful........my dermatitis on the face and on my hair is awful too...and traditional medicine has failed with my gut issues.Actually, I just "fired" my gastroenterologist. And I want to go to a functional doctor or an homotoxicologist, I am very depressed, I feel like no one can understand what I have and I don't know where to star (AGAIN AND AGAIN!!) with new doctors, new therapies.....and I still don't have a diagnosis for my gut problems!!

SICK is the right word to describe how I feel. and summer is coming, and I am afraid of going out in the street, both because i am ashamed and 'cause of the sun...Anyway, i am starting the therapy my dermatologist gave me in a few days, despite the sun. I can't wait anymore. It's topical cream (tretinoin + antibiotics) and horal doxycycline + probiotics .. I am also worried about the effect of the antibiotics on my gut.

Also, I am considering the mercury - amalgam intoxication, as I got 5 amalgam fillings in my mouth since I was 10...

Please if you have some positive experience with the therapy the dermatologist gave me tell it, I need to know that this will improve something...... some thing with amalgam fillings stuff, did someone had them removed ??

i am so pissed of with traditional medicine:(

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/07/2015 5:55 am

so take a short course of antibiotics...your skin really isn't that bad, so chin up -- many here deal with much worse

many doctors and many tests have said you don't have a problem with candida, but you think you do? okay- well read on line about the candida diet, it's very hard to stick to, but you seem committed...no sugar, no yeast, no processed foods. You can find many on line resources that will lay it out for you, so try it and see if it helps, but it takes MONTHS not weeks.

for me diet changes helped stop my cystic acne, I never eat dairy or gluten...it's very hard, but I got massive scaring cysts, those are actually harder....I kept a journal of what I was eating and only eat clean whole organic foods and did a type of elimination diet

good luck to you, again your acne isn't bad- have you tried the acne.org routine on this site, since it isn't cystic it may respond well to it-- along with healthy diet changes

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 05/07/2015 7:37 am

so take a short course of antibiotics...your skin really isn't that bad, so chin up -- many here deal with much worse

many doctors and many tests have said you don't have a problem with candida, but you think you do? okay- well read on line about the candida diet, it's very hard to stick to, but you seem committed...no sugar, no yeast, no processed foods. You can find many on line resources that will lay it out for you, so try it and see if it helps, but it takes MONTHS not weeks.

for me diet changes helped stop my cystic acne, I never eat dairy or gluten...it's very hard, but I got massive scaring cysts, those are actually harder....I kept a journal of what I was eating and only eat clean whole organic foods and did a type of elimination diet

good luck to you, again your acne isn't bad- have you tried the acne.org routine on this site, since it isn't cystic it may respond well to it-- along with healthy diet changes

Hi!

I know most of the people here deal with worst acne, but what I am desperate for is just not acne, is the fact that my whole body, since ONE YEAR , is driving me crazy, especially with my gut and now, despite all the cures and the doctors and the tests, my whole situation is worse and it happened that my skin also got worse. I got no control of my entire body.

I saw that on this forum there was a lot of talking about gut and acne so I came to think that acne was just a symptom and a "spy" for something else, that's why I wrote on this forum.

It seems that a lot of people have dealed with stuff like that here and I thought it could be useful, no matter how bad or not my acne was. In fact, thanks to Jound95 I discover functional medicine and i am trying to find a doctor here to go to.

About candida, no I am not supposing I have candida, I really don't know what I have. But I have amalgam fillings and I know mercury intox and candida can be related to each other.

Also, I am eating "well" since one year, not just weeks. And even healthier since 5 months, as I completely eliminated dairy ( dind't eat that much anyway as i am intollerant) and refined sugar, and I started eating more fruit and more raw vegetables, and I did it especially for my gut, hoping it would have helped with my acne too. No meat since 3 or 4 years.

It's been one month I am avoiding gluten, that's the only thing I started recentely.

I didn't tried the acne.org regimen, but maybe one day I will, it seems useful! Now I will try to start antiobiotics.

Thank you for your answer:)

ps:my skin is gettin worse , that's why i am worried. sorry if I bothered you with my complaints..

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/08/2015 6:43 am

no bother at all- and this is the place to vent

acne mild or severe is a complete emotional PAIN- and no one knows your body more than you do....I struggled in the US to find a doctor who would help me, all they did was prescribe antibiotics and ultimately a horrible long failed course of Accutane that just made things far worse, and gave me most of my scars...

I had multiple derms working with me trying to figure out why the miracle drug didn't work....and no one could help, they all INSISTED diet has nothing to do with acne, nothing at all

so I took matters into my own hands, I cleaned up my diet and journaled everything that I ate and did- and I eliminated gluten and dairy and while not 100% is was absolutely miraculous for me......so I do sympathize, when you know there is a problem and no doctor seems to help, they just dole out pills

so I apologize if I was snarky....my skin has suffered years of disfiguring cystic acne, so I look at pictures and think, I wish I was that lucky!! But it's a hard road for all of us....good luck on your journey.

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 05/09/2015 11:27 am

So i am starting today this therapy for acne: acnatac gel (this is a topical gel -> clindamycin + tretinoin); probiotics; oral antibiotic - >efracea (doxycyclin); a gentle milk cleanser. Also, my pharmacist gave me a small sample of Skinceutical's Phyto Corrective Serum, which i am never going to buy since it's like 60 euros...........but im trying the sample.

I am so afraid of antibiotics, but i have to start somewhere. Maybe today I am also regretting I have refused isotretinoin.

Anyway, i would like to add a Vit. C serum to this routine once I finish the sample, what do you think about that? Because the worst part for me it's red marks and lil scars, I don't have no white heads these days.......but I have dermatitis, so my face literally sucks..

Today i felt so ashemed of my face that I dind't go to a job interview I was supposed to go to. Looking at me at the mirror made me feel so bad, i wanted to remove all my make up and sunscreen and i just wanted to stay home waiting for the night to come. I cried so so much.

The fact is i am noticing that I have too many red marks on my chin and also little scars.....and I don't know if they're going to fade or not..i am posting a photo could someone tell me if you think that this marks can be eliminated ?

Dear Mrs. Robinson thank you for your support, I've always thought about write a "what -I-eat" diary but never did it, I will try, it can be useful....my gastroenterologist's last therapy has failed and he dind't even tell me "come to visit me again, we'll find something else", no, he dind't, it was HE "leaving" ME, it's so incredible............................................can't trust doctors anymore.

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 05/10/2015 2:29 am

So, this is the photo of the right side of my chin (every marks is from the last 4 moths, I never had something like that!!! :( )

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 05/18/2015 5:20 pm

So, I don't know if someone here wants to help me a moment, I hope yes...

i just need an advice!

So i have been on probiotics now for one month an half, and I have been using acnatac gel (tretinoin + clindamycin) and oral doxycyclin for one week now...

My skin had improved before starting the topical treatment, I mean I had no pimples but still had (have!) a lot of red marks on my chin, new blackheads on the face and blind pimples on my temples. But no white headed pimples!

but today i felt so depressed because of my face, I had new whitehead pimples on my chin in the last few days and the skin is so red, so inflammed, and my gut is so bad, that I have booked an appointement with a new dermatologist, this one is an homotoxycology expert too, that's why I wanted to meet him.

What do you suggest? should I keep on doing the first dermatologist's therapy and see what happens (she prescribed it for one month) or should I go to the new doctor and see what he says about it??

no idea what to do....

thanks!

MemberMember
(@azra89)

Posted : 05/21/2015 1:02 pm

update: it seems i have acne rosacea, and my new dermatologist say it does have a connection with my gut, and we will try to fix it to fix my acne.

i have some superficial scars and red inflammation, th right side of my chin looks really bad..

MemberMember
(@akkimnm)

Posted : 10/18/2016 4:02 am

Hi Azra,

I am able to relate to your situation very well, I am having acne since last 1 year. I have tried erythromycin solution which worked quite well for me, got rid of my forehead embarrassment. Since last 45days I am out of the treatment so developing the symptoms again. One thing I have seen is that when i eat fatty foods and donot workout to burn it, My body starts punishing me badly for it, I not only get acne but whole lot of digestion and even sleeping not well issues. Fitness and easy to digestdiet is the key for me. I am living in germany for last 3years and can say the same about docors not relating it to gut/stomach issue:most of them just laughs when I tell about my acne relating to stomach issues. I am 177cm and 73 kgs but I have seen my body fat relation with my acne. A week full of gym days and good diet makes it such easy to get rid of acne.

Anyways, I will give this acnatac gel a try and see what results it gives. One thing is clear, these antibiotics are all surface solutions which do not heal what is wrong inside but to save u from embrasssment these do work but focus needs to be on fitness.

MemberMember
(@tinkerbellzz)

Posted : 10/19/2016 9:57 am

I saw that you mentioned dermatitis, check out this guy https://www.youtube.com/user/40dayactivation

You said that you have food sensitivities, perhaps you should try to heal leaky gut?