Notifications
Clear all

Flakiness Help!

MemberMember
(@christi112233)

Posted : 04/07/2015 5:05 am

I have been on the regimen for about 7 weeks now and am very happy with the results. However, I still have flakes every day - even after washing my face. How can I get rid of the flakes? (I am thoroughly moisturizing and have jojoba oil)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 04/07/2015 5:46 am

I have been on the regimen for about 7 weeks now and am very happy with the results. However, I still have flakes every day - even after washing my face. How can I get rid of the flakes? (I am thoroughly moisturizing and have jojoba oil)

AHA helped get rid of my flakes. I had pretty large flakes (check my log for a pic) and one day I woke up and they was gone O_O

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/07/2015 7:42 am

Listen to the above poster, he had quite a bout with flakes! AHA+ is a major lifesaver!

That's good you have jojoba oil. Try mixing several drops in with your moisturizer, and especially at night don't be afraid to go heavy. My son gets flakes from time to time (he also uses AHA+ for this) and he mixes in 12-15 drops of jojoba oil with Dan's moisturizer at nighttime. A little greasy but works well. Don't be afraid to use more moisturizer...go up to 3 pumps if needed...or moisturize midday if needed. You can also try using less of Dan's cleanser (we personally found it too drying so stopped using it twice a day; now we only use it once a day and use warm water for the other cleansing). Or if you're completely clear, try using a little less BP. All these things can help with dryness and flakes.

But if you have AHA+, try incorporating this into your Regimen. This mixed with the moisturizer and jojoba oil can really work wonders! :)

MemberMember
(@leeleengo)

Posted : 04/07/2015 2:18 pm

You could try the jojoba oil "scrub"/mask! I read it somewhere in the forums. You take a few drops of jojoba oil, rub it into your face, and leave for 10 minutes. Then cleanse, BP, and moisturize like usual. It should get a lot of the flakes off . Some people also use a warm towel to wipe away the flakes after they rub the jojoba oil in. I tried it a few times last week (I am on week 5 of the regimen) and it took a lotttttt of the flakes off. I didn't get as dry throughout the day but that might be also because I lowered my BP dose a bit. I am starting to use the AHA now that I've used BP for a month. Hopefully it'll help with the flakiness too. Good luck to us both! (=

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/07/2015 8:15 pm

You could try the jojoba oil "scrub"/mask! I read it somewhere in the forums. You take a few drops of jojoba oil, rub it into your face, and leave for 10 minutes. Then cleanse, BP, and moisturize like usual. It should get a lot of the flakes off . Some people also use a warm towel to wipe away the flakes after they rub the jojoba oil in. I tried it a few times last week (I am on week 5 of the regimen) and it took a lotttttt of the flakes off. I didn't get as dry throughout the day but that might be also because I lowered my BP dose a bit. I am starting to use the AHA now that I've used BP for a month. Hopefully it'll help with the flakiness too. Good luck to us both! (=

Yes, great suggestion Leeleengo! :) I highly recommend this. William who posted above tried this and it really worked for him. His flakes were really bad!