Notifications
Clear all

I'm New And Desperate For Advice.

MemberMember
(@uglyduckling13)

Posted : 04/07/2015 1:18 am

Hello everyone, I'm new to acne.org and I'm just looking for any kind of advice. I'll try to make this short and sweet. Well, I've struggled with acne since I was 13-14 years old and now I am 25, struggling with adult acne. I've literally tried everything: proactiv, murad, and drugstore brands. I gave them each 3-6 months or even longer before judging if it'll work or not and sadly none of them did. I have seen several dermatologists, (the last one was a few years ago). But all of them basically prescribed me the same thing, which was something inexpensive, since I couldn't afford Accutane. Of course those didn't work either. Most of my life, I've struggled with no confidence because of acne and at this point I just feel hopeless.

Most of my acne are cystic and very painful. The areas I would get most of my acne are my chin, nose/around the nose, a few on near the cheeks, and in between my eyebrows. I never broke out on my forehead, but then I had a phase of that as well. But I haven't had any on my forehead lately. I would also get an occasional break out on my temple, but right now it's just acne scars there.

Currently I'm using Oxy face wash at night, Cetaphil in the morning and CeraVe moisturizer. At night I would also use a benzoyl peroxide medicated spot treatment. This routine was what the dermatologist told me to do. But I really want to change my regimen with something that's actually affective.

I've attached pictures of how my acne is like currently. They might not look as bad, but in person or through my own eyes, they are horrible. Also, the small bumps on my chin are permanent bumps from previous acne from a long time ago, but it never turned to a scar or reduced in size. Does anyone know how to get rid of that? As well as getting rid of huge cystic acne or just curing my face in general?

Any advice and suggestions of what I should do will be very hopeful. Thank you in advance! xx

post-461870-0-77711100-1428387452_thumb.

post-461870-0-98799000-1428387463_thumb.

MemberMember
(@smartymarty)

Posted : 04/07/2015 4:18 pm

Hey try not to feel so down about yourself. Stress also causes acne from what I hear.

Anyway I still have a bit of acne on my skin. I never can get it 100% flush clean.

Have you tried Apple cider vinegar? I've actually never used BP or any other common products such as Neutrogena and such.

I don't have much knowledge in this but at the moment my regime is just drink (through straw) apple cider vinegar and apply it topically.

Also have you tried Tea tree oil? I mix it with my ACV but i hear its good for spot treatment on its own. Also I am planning to use lemon to heal the scars as I hear it is good for scars. ACV hasnt really changed my back i dont think. It is smoother but lots of scars

I also take Zinc supplement 20mg with copper.

Also at the moment I feel that ACV isnt doing so good when i apply it topically so im going to use it 100% instead of 50/50 dilution. If you're beginning a ACV regime, please dilute it. Also buying a product called 'Aztec secret Indian healing clay', hearing much on it that it is very good. worth a check

I think everybody reacts differently to treatments. I hear so many people say ACV has done wonders yet for my skin it hasnt done 'wonders'. It has gone better, my skin, it being much smoother but you can still see the brown scars where the acne was. I guess that some treatments dont work as well on more stubborn skins.

I wish you all the luck in your journey.

PS I like your piercings/earrings, theyre cute

Ethnicity: Asian

MemberMember
(@uglyduckling13)

Posted : 04/07/2015 4:46 pm

Hey try not to feel so down about yourself. Stress also causes acne from what I hear.

Anyway I still have a bit of acne on my skin. I never can get it 100% flush clean.

Have you tried Apple cider vinegar? I've actually never used BP or any other common products such as Neutrogena and such.

I don't have much knowledge in this but at the moment my regime is just drink (through straw) apple cider vinegar and apply it topically.

Also have you tried Tea tree oil? I mix it with my ACV but i hear its good for spot treatment on its own. Also I am planning to use lemon to heal the scars as I hear it is good for scars. ACV hasnt really changed my back i dont think. It is smoother but lots of scars

I also take Zinc supplement 20mg with copper.

Also at the moment I feel that ACV isnt doing so good when i apply it topically so im going to use it 100% instead of 50/50 dilution. If you're beginning a ACV regime, please dilute it. Also buying a product called 'Aztec secret Indian healing clay', hearing much on it that it is very good. worth a check

I think everybody reacts differently to treatments. I hear so many people say ACV has done wonders yet for my skin it hasnt done 'wonders'. It has gone better, my skin, it being much smoother but you can still see the brown scars where the acne was. I guess that some treatments dont work as well on more stubborn skins.

I wish you all the luck in your journey.

PS I like your piercings/earrings, theyre cute

Ethnicity: Asian

Thank you so much for your advice! I never heard about using ACV or Aztec secret indian healing clay, so I will definitely give both of them a try. I use tea tree oil sometimes for spot treatments or an 'open' acne. But you're right, everyone reacts differently to different treatments, but it won't hurt to try. Thanks again :D xx