Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me Diagnose My Skin

MemberMember
(@emmasheridan)

Posted : 04/06/2015 12:40 pm

Hello,

I am finding it very difficult to treat my skin as I do not have typical 'acne' It is very sensitive, red, oily and prone to whiteheads, also a very bumpy in texture.

If anyone could please offer any advice I would be very grateful

Thank you

post-389008-0-26524400-1428341121_thumb.

post-389008-0-48936900-1428341149_thumb.

post-389008-0-65620600-1428341202_thumb.

post-389008-0-68312900-1428341731_thumb.

post-389008-0-17450300-1428341747_thumb.

post-389008-0-08924400-1428341763_thumb.

MemberMember
(@sineadg)

Posted : 04/06/2015 3:37 pm

Hey Emma , what have you tried so far do you mind me asking?

MemberMember
(@emmasheridan)

Posted : 04/07/2015 4:15 pm

Hey Emma , what have you tried so far do you mind me asking?

Hello!

Through out the years I have tried benzol peroxide, salicylic acid ( in face wash and treatments) and vitamins

My current regime is very simple - cleansing my face with a flannel each morning and night with the body shop chamomile cleansing oil,

and then e45 moisturiser and also the body shop vitamin e oil in serum, as even though my skin in very oily it feels de-hydrated

I am also taking Holland & Barrett hair skin and nails tablets and 1000mg of vitamin c each day

any suggestions you have would be welcome

MemberMember
(@sineadg)

Posted : 04/07/2015 8:03 pm

I haven't got a whole load of suggestions but iv tried pretty much everything in the book so far, I've been on the pill for a few years and whilst it cleared up inflamed acne it left me with non inflamed and since then I think I over did it with masks and topical isotrentinon , if you haven't tried that I'd steer clear of it, I stopped using it a month ago and I'm still irritated from it, and I believe my skins dehydrated now too! Iv never taken diet into consideration too much but in a few weeks I'm doing one of those juice cleanses and going kinda vegan for a while to see what happens ! And apple cider vinegar is supposed to work very well at balancing your skin as a toner or drinking it. I just saw your post and wondered if you'd like to know how I get on with the change of diet ? :) I know doctors will always say diet has nothing to do with it but I've lost faith in them altogether now !

MemberMember
(@vancouvermoon)

Posted : 04/07/2015 10:49 pm

hi Emma,

Looks similar to my face. I am using adapalene and I'm on week three spironolactone 100mg. I had a doctor first tell me he didn't know what it was, but it WASNT acne, and prescribed me cortisone topical. Then, I finally got in with a dermatologist and she said: adult acne.

I'm 38 and my skin has been awesome since I was about 20. So I couldn't figure out why every single pore on my face seemed to be a bump. From 5 feet away, you wouldn't have thought I had acne. I never had big red lesions that you can see from across the room. But I couldn't even stand washing my face anymore with my hands because of the feeling of my skin. The texture was bizarre.

I have had 90% clearing with this program. Good luck.

(Oh, and I wash with Neutrogena acne wash. The orange stuff, and I moisturize with Neutrogena Healthy Defense spf 45 - my derm recommended it.)

MemberMember
(@omaris25)

Posted : 04/08/2015 2:50 am

Hi Emma,

I've tried everything in the book as well and still haven't found anything radical that helped improve my skin. The advice I can give you at this point with what I've read and currently experiencing is that you should continue your current regime PLUS CHANGE YOUR PILLOWCASE EVERY NIGHT!!!!!!

The only thing that is dirty, oily, full of dust and germs is your pillowcase. Putting your clean face on a dirty surface still makes it dirty.

Try this for a week and see how it goes :)

MemberMember
(@skate123skate)

Posted : 04/08/2015 1:27 pm

Take supplements , Start taking 25,000 IU vitamin A, take some omega 3 , take vitamin b , take vitamin d3 and zinc..

All those helped me drastically even tho it does take time it makes it better for sure, ALSO cut out ALL processed / very sugary food that contributes to the kind you have , just like mine

MemberMember
(@smartymarty)

Posted : 04/09/2015 11:05 am

My acne is pretty much like yours. I'm currently using ACV full strength as 50/50 dilution has only cleared some acne. I hate using chemical products on my face so i havent actually ever tried these creams like BP or Neutrogena. I also bought this stuff called Aztec indian clay which i hear is awesome. im yet to use it at the moment but i cannot wait.

Stop stressing over your acne, it is also a cause of acne. Also i take zinc vitamins. 20mg to be precise.

I think you're really pretty. The acne isnt that noticeable.

Im Asian, 19 years old and a male if that helps. I feel my skin is more stubborn to treatments.

MemberMember
(@danadanadana)

Posted : 04/21/2015 9:41 pm

Hi,

I have skin similar to yours and the only thing that cleared me completely was a micro dose of accutane, 20 mg once per week (for reference, a normal dose is 60 mg per week, so the micro dose is only about 1/20th the normal dose). This took away my oil and clogged pores completely.

MemberMember
(@danadanadana)

Posted : 04/30/2015 7:09 pm

I meant 60 mg per DAY as the normal dose- typo