Notifications
Clear all

Pictures At 14 Months & 4 Months Need Advice Inflammatory At 14Months!

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 04/05/2015 12:15 am

Heading towards 14 months, Started Feb 2014. started on 20 then 6months 40 then 8-10 went the 60, been on 60 for a good 4-6 months i believe

Anyway all the actual acne cleared up REALLY fast then i was left with inflammatory acne i fee like being on acctuane right now is a waste since about month 6 NOTHING has changed one bit i mean nothing, All that has changed is the redness is getting less and the inflammatory is going down i told the derm i want off it he said sure but it will be scared for life which is true..

I'm really lost and need some help here is some pictures also in the pictures i have moisturizer on so its alot more red etc, But i dont care it just shows it better what i'm talking about acutally the flash on the camera makes the redness look not as bad, But the redness is what is killing me :( on the first picture you will see one main big inflammatory honestly if that was gone i wouldnt care about my acne so much but this thing is killing me i've be watching it for 6months + he ain't going anywhere :'( 2nd pic is more just general how it looks 3rd is the other side So yeah... They look worse in person there alot more higher looking simple words inflammatory they dont look that bad in pictures even with moisturize but ther clearly half are inflammatory and they are not going anywhere this is killing me.... What can i do i need some help Down below are some 4 months check these out there is no inflammatory is looks like all my acne has gone away redness has gone down but then a few has came back up as inflammatory which i %100 believe from picking them before on acctuane is the cause.

But yeah, Please have a look as you can see first pictures are 14 months 2nd lot are back at 3-4 months, And as you can see it was nearly all flat and they just shot back up and are still fighting to go back down this is killing me any advice, Judging from the pictures should i be going up i have heard people do 2mg/KG when this happens to clear up the inflammatory my derm dont not say much besides "still acne come back" thats about it im thinking about going to another derm the thing is there is about 2 derms in the whole state i live in. So yeah it's a pain the ass that's why im asking help i've tried to talk to the derm he does not seem to interested in moving me up i didn't excatly ask i'm having really bad back pain, Well i wouldnt say really bad but i move my neck its stiff/hurts i move my back i feel it i sit on the louge i just feel it 24/7 its not like a pain that you can't stay in the position type of thing more like a knife or deep heat gel on you're back hard to explain. Please help :(

bS8fFKZ.jpg?1

TOae3lz.jpg?1

7NdvMm9.jpg?1

hwUTwbi.jpg?1

Also for any expert out there, Those pictures ^ Are 14 months, Now check this

ddd43892f46a9976c09c36285f1d0ac5.png

758d9f02ffc7961561daeb3c6c9159d7.png

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/05/2015 12:28 am

Accutane is not good. I mean for your over all health. It doesn't always cure acne, either. Some people's acne will go away, but then return 6 months to years after getting off of it. I taking no more drugs, no face wash, no nothing, and just getting some tests done and going natural. There is a topic on hear on the damaging effects of accutane, but I can't paste anything with this tablet.

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 04/05/2015 12:59 am

On 4/5/2015 at 11:15 AM, skyline97 said:

Heading towards 14 months, Started Feb 2014. started on 20 then 6months 40 then 8-10 went the 60, been on 60 for a good 4-6 months i believe

Anyway all the actual acne cleared up REALLY fast then i was left with inflammatory acne i fee like being on acctuane right now is a waste since about month 6 NOTHING has changed one bit i mean nothing, All that has changed is the redness is getting less and the inflammatory is going down i told the derm i want off it he said sure but it will be scared for life which is true..

I'm really lost and need some help here is some pictures also in the pictures i have moisturizer on so its alot more red etc, But i dont care it just shows it better what i'm talking about acutally the flash on the camera makes the redness look not as bad, But the redness is what is killing me :( on the first picture you will see one main big inflammatory honestly if that was gone i wouldnt care about my acne so much but this thing is killing me i've be watching it for 6months + he ain't going anywhere :'( 2nd pic is more just general how it looks 3rd is the other side So yeah... They look worse in person there alot more higher looking simple words inflammatory they dont look that bad in pictures even with moisturize but ther clearly half are inflammatory and they are not going anywhere this is killing me.... What can i do i need some help Down below are some 4 months check these out there is no inflammatory is looks like all my acne has gone away redness has gone down but then a few has came back up as inflammatory which i %100 believe from picking them before on acctuane is the cause.

But yeah, Please have a look as you can see first pictures are 14 months 2nd lot are back at 3-4 months, And as you can see it was nearly all flat and they just shot back up and are still fighting to go back down this is killing me any advice, Judging from the pictures should i be going up i have heard people do 2mg/KG when this happens to clear up the inflammatory my derm dont not say much besides "still acne come back" thats about it im thinking about going to another derm the thing is there is about 2 derms in the whole state i live in. So yeah it's a pain the ass that's why im asking help i've tried to talk to the derm he does not seem to interested in moving me up i didn't excatly ask i'm having really bad back pain, Well i wouldnt say really bad but i move my neck its stiff/hurts i move my back i feel it i sit on the louge i just feel it 24/7 its not like a pain that you can't stay in the position type of thing more like a knife or deep heat gel on you're back hard to explain. Please help :(

?1

?1

?1

?1

Thanks for your long post, and lots of information.

The redisual inflamatory activity is probably not being treated at all by the roaccutane. However it is important to note that, inspite of the risk of side effects etc, it does look like that in your case the accutane has cleared up the active lesions... which is a good step.

I would recommend weaning off the accutane over 3 months (with medical supervision)> When you are off do high dose vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) to disinflame the skin for about3-6 months. I would also consider Laser (but not while on accutane, and not for about 8 weeks after finishing the accutane). Some info for you available at [Edited link out]

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 04/05/2015 1:51 am

I'm really lost and need some help here is some pictures also in the pictures i have moisturizer on so its alot more red etc, But i dont care it just shows it better what i'm talking about acutally the flash on the camera makes the redness look not as bad, But the redness is what is killing me :( on the first picture you will see one main big inflammatory honestly if that was gone i wouldnt care about my acne so much but this thing is killing me i've be watching it for 6months + he ain't going anywhere :'( 2nd pic is more just general how it looks 3rd is the other side So yeah... They look worse in person there alot more higher looking simple words inflammatory they dont look that bad in pictures even with moisturize but ther clearly half are inflammatory and they are not going anywhere this is killing me.... What can i do i need some help Down below are some 4 months check these out there is no inflammatory is looks like all my acne has gone away redness has gone down but then a few has came back up as inflammatory which i 0 believe from picking them before on acctuane is the cause.

bS8fFKZ.jpg?1

TOae3lz.jpg?1

7NdvMm9.jpg?1

hwUTwbi.jpg?1

Thanks for your long post, and lots of information.

The redisual inflamatory activity is probably not being treated at all by the roaccutane. However it is important to note that, inspite of the risk of side effects etc, it does look like that in your case the accutane has cleared up the active lesions... which is a good step.

I would recommend weaning off the accutane over 3 months (with medical supervision)> When you are off do high dose vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) to disinflame the skin for about3-6 months. I would also consider Laser (but not while on accutane, and not for about 8 weeks after finishing the accutane). Some info for you available at www.clearskinalternatives.com

Good luck!

Yeah 3 months id love to get of it, I'm tempted to ask to go up to 80mg I am roughly 60kg if anyone knows about dosage please say so!

And yeah I wouod say accutane was extremely succesfull those pictures at 4 months are x10 better when I had acne so it has helped ALOT but I just wish the big inflames would go away I honestly probably would turn a blind eye to my acne then.

I'm really intrested in what you said about vitamins b3 when I'm off this I will give that a go, is there any harm I taking vitamins while on acctuane? I'm not to intrested in lasers unless another 2-3 years my scars are still the same which I HOPEFULLY doubt it. Thanks!

Accutane is not good. I mean for your over all health. It doesn't always cure acne, either. Some people's acne will go away, but then return 6 months to years after getting off of it. I taking no more drugs, no face wash, no nothing, and just getting some tests done and going natural. There is a topic on hear on the damaging effects of accutane, but I can't paste anything with this tablet.

Thanks for your reply sadly this does not really help I've been on this for over a year and damage that can Happen will already be done, no turning back now

But Goodluck with yourself thanks!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/05/2015 7:51 am

Curious what your derms plan is/was?

The goal is to reach a max cumulative dose and it seems for what you stated as far as dose and duration you have exceeded that number?

I dont see why u cant stop and let your skin heal and possible down the line use retin-a or IPL or laser/peel treatments to reduce some of the old scarring and red marks etc

GL

kim

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 04/05/2015 12:34 pm

If I were you I'd ditch the accutane and start taking probiotic supplements, something like this https://www.sisu.com/sisu/products/product.jsp?category=400&sub=402&id=76 and maybe something like this that helps inflamed acne http://www.genuinehealth.com/store/perfect-skin then just put aloe on it (nothing less than 98% aloe)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/05/2015 6:02 pm

bS8fFKZ.jpg?1

TOae3lz.jpg?1

7NdvMm9.jpg?1

hwUTwbi.jpg?1

As a 4 time user of accutane, I can tell you that if it were going to work for you, it would have already. It is time to try something new. You may want to revisit the idea of topicals and maybe supplements. Diet is also worth looking into if you haven't already.

Good luck - it's a process.

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 04/05/2015 8:03 pm

bS8fFKZ.jpg?1

TOae3lz.jpg?1

7NdvMm9.jpg?1

hwUTwbi.jpg?1

As a 4 time user of accutane, I can tell you that if it were going to work for you, it would have already. It is time to try something new. You may want to revisit the idea of topicals and maybe supplements. Diet is also worth looking into if you haven't already.

Good luck - it's a process.

Thanks for you're post but it through me of a bit, Time to try something new? What do you mean no product will get rid of scaring/inflammatory accutane has worked amazing

it's my fault i picked them and thats why there like this now

If I were you I'd ditch the accutane and start taking probiotic supplements, something like this https://www.sisu.com/sisu/products/product.jsp?category=400&sub=402&id=76 and maybe something like this that helps inflamed acne http://www.genuinehealth.com/store/perfect-skin then just put aloe on it (nothing less than 98% aloe)

Thats what im thinking but when my derm said they will stay scared thats when i got worried i might go to another derm and see what he has to say.

Thanks! :)

Curious what your derms plan is/was?

The goal is to reach a max cumulative dose and it seems for what you stated as far as dose and duration you have exceeded that number?

I dont see why u cant stop and let your skin heal and possible down the line use retin-a or IPL or laser/peel treatments to reduce some of the old scarring and red marks etc

GL

kim

I have no clue, I'm not sure.

I can stop as mentioned in the OP, But my derm told me they will scare for life if i go off accutane yeah im not sure if i want to get lasers etc any chemicals i don't trust them

anyway thanks!

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 04/08/2015 5:40 am

Anymore help i might go to another derm next appointment see what they have to say

MemberMember
(@madmanx)

Posted : 04/09/2015 8:20 pm

If u weigh 60kg then in theory your derm could maybe raise your dose up to 100mg still under the 2mg per kilo. might work if u on higher dose see what the derm says or maybe add a topical to go with your accutane maybe bp to get rid of the inflammatory acne? I know bp helps inflamed acne if your skin can tolerate it while u on accutane. Again chat to ya derm but remember u can always see another derm if u not happy with them..

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 04/14/2015 4:40 am

If u weigh 60kg then in theory your derm could maybe raise your dose up to 100mg still under the 2mg per kilo. might work if u on higher dose see what the derm says or maybe add a topical to go with your accutane maybe bp to get rid of the inflammatory acne? I know bp helps inflamed acne if your skin can tolerate it while u on accutane. Again chat to ya derm but remember u can always see another derm if u not happy with them..

Thanks for your post mate

I'm tempted to go to another derm but the thing is I kind of want to go to my old one but I want to move up in mg but he might not do that so I will want to go to another derm but I won't know if my derm will move me up untill I go there

I don't want to spend x2 going to two derms

Idk what to do anymore any more advice this is killing me

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 04/27/2015 6:47 am

Anyone else have any help going to derm this week thanks