Notifications
Clear all

Embarking On Caveman Regime

MemberMember
(@dtwon)

Posted : 04/04/2015 4:21 pm

I am currently on day 4 of the caveman regime and my skin feels so much better. I have combination skin, an oily T-zone and dry/oily cheeks. The first few days were annoying because I'm used to washing my face everyday but that feeling has all but passed today. I did get a couple of white heads but no biggie and I have 3 prior cysts that are going away faster then usual.

A major problem that i see in this regime is the shaving for males, how am i supposed to shave without putting anything on my face bewilders me but i guess il be trimming for now. I also have a smoothbeam appointment soon which worries me a little because of the flakiness that it induces.

ill keep informing

MemberMember
(@dtwon)

Posted : 04/05/2015 6:41 am

Day 5 and my face feels amazing. This is the first time in a while where I don't feel overly oily or dry. Active acbe going away at a much faster rate to boot

MemberMember
(@t-philips)

Posted : 04/11/2015 1:43 pm

When you started, did you have a breakout? I tried this once and broke out massively after one night

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 04/12/2015 4:48 pm

I am currently on day 4 of the caveman regime and my skin feels so much better. I have combination skin, an oily T-zone and dry/oily cheeks. The first few days were annoying because I'm used to washing my face everyday but that feeling has all but passed today. I did get a couple of white heads but no biggie and I have 3 prior cysts that are going away faster then usual.

A major problem that i see in this regime is the shaving for males, how am i supposed to shave without putting anything on my face bewilders me but i guess il be trimming for now. I also have a smoothbeam appointment soon which worries me a little because of the flakiness that it induces.

ill keep informing

Beard trimmer has been the best for me. I'm on Day 46 on modified caveman (water only) and it's worked the best. You can also use an electric shaver, but the trimmer helped reduce irritation from cutting super close. I still get a ton of flakiness even being this long, so get used to it! Haha.

MemberMember
(@dtwon)

Posted : 04/12/2015 10:42 pm

When you started, did you have a breakout? I tried this once and broke out massively after one night

Not anything more than a few white heads but it seems as though not much changes are occurring thus far.

ill keep informing

Beard trimmer has been the best for me. I'm on Day 46 on modified caveman (water only) and it's worked the best. You can also use an electric shaver, but the trimmer helped reduce irritation from cutting super close. I still get a ton of flakiness even being this long, so get used to it! Haha.

I don't get why there's flakiness though, I never use to have any before I started all the benzoyl peroxide and stuff. I feel like I exasperated an issue that was minor into something more serious with all these medications and ointments, so disappointing.

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 04/13/2015 9:29 am

I don't get why there's flakiness though, I never use to have any before I started all the benzoyl peroxide and stuff. I feel like I exasperated an issue that was minor into something more serious with all these medications and ointments, so disappointing.

I'm no dermatologist, but many people (including me) think it's a sign of your skin healing. My chin is the worst area for me, and throughout this regimen it's been the most flaky.....coincidence? My chin was where I slathered the most BP as well.

By quitting cleansing 2x a day you're also not exfoliating as much, hence more flaky skin. Over time your skin will get used to this and regulate itself. My chin was so flaky I ended up using a bit of jojoba oil at nighttime around day # 20 or so. I had used jojoba oil before and it never broke me out. If you can though, I'd wait for a month before putting anything other than water on your face.

MemberMember
(@dtwon)

Posted : 04/13/2015 7:04 pm

I'm no dermatologist, but many people (including me) think it's a sign of your skin healing. My chin is the worst area for me, and throughout this regimen it's been the most flaky.....coincidence? My chin was where I slathered the most BP as well.

By quitting cleansing 2x a day you're also not exfoliating as much, hence more flaky skin. Over time your skin will get used to this and regulate itself. My chin was so flaky I ended up using a bit of jojoba oil at nighttime around day # 20 or so. I had used jojoba oil before and it never broke me out. If you can though, I'd wait for a month before putting anything other than water on your face.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing scar wise?

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 04/14/2015 10:32 am

If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing scar wise?

I'm not really dealing with typical acne, so there isn't much scaring for me. I breakout in whiteheads and pustules as a result from Accutane (leaky gut I think). They heal fairly quickly without leaving much of a scar. I have found that using manuka honey masks really reduce inflammation and scarring time.......but I wouldn't introduce anything until after week 4.

I do have mild rosacea, or a slight red hue to my face, and again might be attributed to Accutane or long term BP use. Since washing with water, it's calmed down a lot and my skin tone is looking much more even.

How's it going so far for you?