Notifications
Clear all

What Do You Take Your Accutane With?

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 04/04/2015 9:32 am

Can anybody tell me what you take your pill with food wise? Although I'm taking absorica which doesn't require fatty foods or big meals, I still want to absorb more and taking it with bigger meals will greater the amount of medicine absorbed. My problem is mostly breakfast, I can't stand breakfast foods, sweets, eggs and sausage make me nauseous especially in the morning! So give me some food ideas! :}D please and thank you.

Charlie

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 04/04/2015 12:12 pm

Maybe you could take it in the evening instead of morning? Any food should be fine though, but foods high in fat are best.

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 04/04/2015 4:34 pm

Maybe you could take it in the evening instead of morning? Any food should be fine though, but foods high in fat are best.

I take 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening so I really can't change that :/

MemberMember
(@yuki4)

Posted : 04/05/2015 3:35 pm

Maybe you can try oatmeal with banana slices in it. That way it is a more healthy/less processed meal. I always save the peel and rub it on my face. It moisturizes your skin, and can also reduce your acne. I never waste my banana peels.^^ I usually wash it off about thirty min. later.

MemberMember
(@jessa48)

Posted : 04/07/2015 7:47 pm

Peanut butter!!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 04/07/2015 11:25 pm

Yeap, nutbutter spread on toast is a good way to go. You could also make a smoothie with full fat yogurt and fruit...

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 04/08/2015 6:57 pm

I'll have to try the banana peel. But I don't want to irritate my skin :/

And peanut butter breaks me out. Mild allergy!

MemberMember
(@jessa48)

Posted : 04/10/2015 7:59 pm

Any other form of nut or nut butter? Almonds? Cashews? Sunflower butter is really good -- the kind Trader Joe's carries is delicious.

Agree on the full-fat yogurt smoothie.

Avocados are great too.

MemberMember
(@kwrhl)

Posted : 04/12/2015 6:27 am

Any kinds of nuts, peanut butter, high fat milk, but really the best thing to take with accutane is fried EGG (high fat but HEALTHY fat)

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 04/12/2015 6:11 pm

I'll head over to trader joes tomorrow and find some nut butters then! Luckily trader joes now has a store in Colorado! ):D