Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cshock1

What Do You Take Your Accutane With?

Can anybody tell me what you take your pill with food wise? Although I'm taking absorica which doesn't require fatty foods or big meals, I still want to absorb more and taking it with bigger meals will greater the amount of medicine absorbed. My problem is mostly breakfast, I can't stand breakfast foods, sweets, eggs and sausage make me nauseous especially in the morning! So give me some food ideas! :}D please and thank you.

Charlie

Maybe you could take it in the evening instead of morning? Any food should be fine though, but foods high in fat are best.

Maybe you could take it in the evening instead of morning? Any food should be fine though, but foods high in fat are best.

I take 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening so I really can't change that :/

Maybe you can try oatmeal with banana slices in it. That way it is a more healthy/less processed meal. I always save the peel and rub it on my face. It moisturizes your skin, and can also reduce your acne. I never waste my banana peels.^^ I usually wash it off about thirty min. later.

Yeap, nutbutter spread on toast is a good way to go. You could also make a smoothie with full fat yogurt and fruit...

I'll have to try the banana peel. But I don't want to irritate my skin :/

And peanut butter breaks me out. Mild allergy!

Any other form of nut or nut butter? Almonds? Cashews? Sunflower butter is really good -- the kind Trader Joe's carries is delicious.

Agree on the full-fat yogurt smoothie.

Avocados are great too.

Any kinds of nuts, peanut butter, high fat milk, but really the best thing to take with accutane is fried EGG (high fat but HEALTHY fat)

I'll head over to trader joes tomorrow and find some nut butters then! Luckily trader joes now has a store in Colorado! ):D