Notifications
Clear all

My Face Remains Oily After Putting On The Moisturizer + Jojoba Oil ?

MemberMember
(@khangnghi)

Posted : 04/02/2015 11:54 pm

So i ordered the jojoba oil because of the flakiness on my face after putting the regimen on. The jojoba oil works great, no more flakyness, but there's a new problem is that my face is really oil after putting moisturizer and jojoba oil on my face ( i don't have oily skin ), the first 2-3 days i added 12 drops of jojoba oil to my moisturizer ( 2 pumps ) and my face was really oily, so i reduced the amount of jojoba oil to 10 drops, and then 8,7,6 but my face is still really oily after that, so is there any solution for this, like for the moisturizer and jojoba oil to absord faster or even reduce the amount of moisturizer, that's all, thanks in advance !

MemberMember
(@khangnghi)

Posted : 04/05/2015 1:01 pm

I wouldn't worry about it as long as my skin stayed moisturized. It's just something many people have to deal with. But there is a solution, which is switching moisturizers. Check out CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It leaves a matte finish on the skin.

Thank you for the suggestion but i think i'm gonna stick with the acne.org regimen only for now

MemberMember
(@tcolesen)

Posted : 04/06/2015 11:28 am

Check out CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It leaves a matte finish on the skin.

Depending on skin type, I disagree. Been using Cerave Moisturizing Lotion on my face for more than 2.2 years now (used Dan's moisturizers for 3.3 years prior). Here's my current "regimen":

1) Wash face [gently] with Hibiclens (from foaming pump) for 20sec., let sit for 30sec. Pat dry skin with towel, wait for 5+mins. for next step.

2) 2 drops of jojoba on my fingers, applied to areas where skin tends to be most flaky.

3) About 0.5-0.7 of 1 drop of Acne.org BP, applied to face with one hand. Wait for 5+mins. for next step.

4) ~1.7-2.0 drops of Cerave Moisturizing Lotion, with one hand. It typically takes 8-13mins to fully rub it in.

And I have to dab my face several times throughout the day to rid it of an oily/greasy appearance. Cerave tends to leave a slightly sticky film on my face once it fully soaks in, that is gone after the first time I blot the oil/grease off. (but 2-3 hours later my face is shiny again)

However the only downside to my regimen is time and oilyness.

About 1.5 years ago I stopped using BP completely for 3 months, and weaned off Cerave Moisturizer (didn't need it any longer). My acne [unfortunately] returned BUT the oilyness disappeared, so my skin is not naturally oily...

Also the latest bottle of Cerave Moisturizer has felt extra greasy.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 04/07/2015 3:48 am

I use the Neutrogena oil free moisturiser and I love it. It doesn't leave your face shiny or greasy at all and that's what I love about it, you'd want to use jojoba oil with this moisturiser because it's oil free and it probably won't be as hydrating enough. Also if you have some large flakes like I did you'd most definitely want to use jojoba oil with it so they can somewhat disappear because it didn't really do a good job hiding those big flakes like Dan's moisturiser did. I use this moisturiser in the mornings if I'm going out of the house because I don't like the messy feeling or look, also I only use about 4 drops because by the afternoon my face gets pretty oily so I don't think there's a need to pour the entire bottle on my face. :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@khangnghi)

Posted : 04/07/2015 6:49 pm

I think my problem is solved because now in the morning i only add 3-5 drops into my moisturizer and it works great, it gets rid of flakiness and doesn't leave my face wet like before. At night i use about 10-12 drops to my moisturizer and it's working fine. Thank you everybody !