Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duderest

REPOST: Accutane FOREVER?!?!

*** This is a Re-Post ***

Hey everyone, I am male in my early 20's. I have been through two courses of accutane within 2 years. Everytime I am over with it, my skin is perfect, then after about 5 months, the acne is back!!! I finished my second treatment in july 2004 and now there is already mild acne coming up.

My question is: I have heard in many places that instead of doing a typical course of accutane (meaning 40-80mg/day for 4 months) and gettin in with the whole side effects and losing the perfect skin 5 months after ur done and having to re-take accutane again. Many people are now taking one pill every WEEK, meaning 40 mg/week or 80mg/week, for a much longer period of time or indefinitely. This seems to control the acne on the long term. What are your opinions/research and understanding of this treatment?

I know it is better to discuss with a dermatologist, but I would still like to hear feedback, since I am seriously considering doing this. Thank you.